Tons of "The file is corrupted. (0x4000D)" errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TheGeoff, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGeoff

TheGeoff Registered Member

Only one of the 3 True Image backups I made today works. One partition backup is being reported as corrupted, convienently when I try to restore it not when I created it. The files and folders backup I made is riddled with "Failed to restore file or folder. (0x4001A)" errors. It choked on mainly mp3 and wmv files, but also some large exe's like the following VS patch.

E0004001A: Failed to restore file or folder 'VS80sp1-KB918525-X86-Beta-ENU.exe'.

Failed to restore file or folder. (0x4001A)
    Path = "D:\Downloads\VS 2005 SP1 Main Patch x86 ENU\VS80sp1-KB918525-X86-Beta-ENU.exe",
    Hints = 1
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE0E5
    The file is corrupted. (0x4000D)
    Tag = 0xC847B314771C5EB3

What gives? Out of 3 True Image back ups I made today only 1 works? Those are some pretty terrible odds. Please tell me there is a patch available to fix this.
    Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 10.0 (build*4,871)
    Windows Vista Ultimate RTM
    Travelmate 8204 laptop.

2. mustardman

mustardman Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem. If you map the image to a drive letter you should be able to restore individual files through windows. Not a fix but a workaround. Acronis is strangely silent on this issue.

3. TheGeoff

TheGeoff Registered Member

I've tried mounting the image to pull the files out. I still get the file corrupted error. I also tried the rescue disk and tried accessing the archives on another computer. All resulting in the same error.
    I just really don't understand this.When I made the archives I received no indication that there was anything wrong with them. I left all of the default setting and apparently that wasn't enough.
    So basically this application is useless to me since I can't rely on it. What good is a backup program that you can't rely on? What a waste of time an money. I would have been better off just using xcopy.
    To anyone wondering whether on not to buy this application, don't you'll just be left high and dry. Unless you consider a 1 in 3 chance of your archive working good odds.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

TheGeoff and mustardman,

You may want to download Memtest86+ and run it overnight to see zero errors reported.
    Also, you may run chkdsk X: /r on the source and destination partitions. Input the partition letter for X: in the command syntax. You will have to reboot to check the system partition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.