Todays Update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ZiGz, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZiGz

ZiGz Registered Member

Was todays update larger than usual?

We had huge network traffic problems today about 2:00pm EST. Packet Sniffing showed lots of traffic to eset.com.

I am trying to demonstrate why they must setup Remote Servers in the schools to avoid all the workstations trying to hit the update servers at the same time.

Can someone show me what files were in todays update so I can show how big they are and how much traffic a couple thousand workstations can generate.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Couple of thousand workstations flying solo on the same LAN? Wow...lets say the bigger updates are like a meg in size. That's a several gigs of traffic over an hour..from several thousand PCs. Probably over an hour..cuz you're internet pipe is tanked.

And how about when program component updates are distributed. Up to 11 megs each? :eek:

Efficiency of having it pulled down once and plopped to your local update mirror...and the several thousand PCs easily pull that across your 100 meg plus local network in a snap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.