To use the IE6 cookie handleing tool or not to use the IE6 cookie handling tool

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by notageek, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Re:To use the IE6 cookie handleing tool or not to use the IE6 cookie handling to

Thanks for all the info. I promt all first party cookies and block all 3rd party cookies.

2. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Re:To use the IE6 cookie handleing tool or not to use the IE6 cookie handling to

Sorry Bethrezen,

When I read your first post I kinda assumed you were familiar with setting it up and just wanted to know if it really worked. :oops:

But at least, there is always someone around that not only knows, but will willingly supply you with the info. Teamwork is the name of the game. That is what makes this place so great. :)

3. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi VIETNAM_VET

sorry for the lateness of my reply

i am familiar with the set up of ie and cookie control but I'm still prity green and still learning how best to have things set up max security minimum messing round with settings and i hadn't experimented with cooke control till now as my attention was focused eles where

well i can tell ya now this set up

seting first & third party cookies to block

then inputing the url of only the sights i need into the allow list

works very well for me no cookie ever gets on to my comp unless i say so this is one of them rare time when M$ actuality did something right

hope this clears things up

nite

4. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hello Bethrezen,

Glad it all worked out in the end for you.

I still have cookiewall installed on this computer, but rarely ever turn it on anymore. That should indicate how satisfied I am with IE's privacy tab setup for cookies.

Wish everything else was this easy to take care of. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.