To use spywareguard or not with adaware se pro

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by soboku1, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soboku1

soboku1 Registered Member

Hi I was just woundering if I should not use spywareguard. It does'nt seem to get updated very much and I have Adware SE Pro with ad-watch. I have spybot search and destory latest version and I have spyware blaster with auto updates. So I was just woundering if I really need spywareguard. Any input on this would be accepted.

thanks,

joey

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

do you have blaster? guard is made to work with blaster to give jus a bit more protection. and blaster itself works well with any other av's and firewalls. is your adware se current? run scan on fullscan mode once a month. itll find more stuff you didnt know was there that smartscan wont find. and yes, you may still get a few junk stuff show up but thats wht you run the spyware scans. to get rid of them. blaster can only protect against whats out there with the updates you get last. remember, these sleezy people who make this spyware junk are constantly changing their prgs to find ways of getting the junk on your sys. so it stands that people who write the def's for blocking have to do the same, and find ways to block them. its a constant war. which probably will never end.

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I use a decent virus scanner, firewall, adware pro SE and spybot. I have few problems. The threat is slightly exaggerated sometimes by large companies who make a large profit from people believeing the threat is a lot bigger than it actually is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.