To SUPERAntiSpyware or not?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So, all of the "free version" users probably saw todays perk! $9.95 US lifetime license. Now that is a great deal no matter how you see it. Problem is, I have Online Armor Premium, NOD32 resident, a years license for Mamutu resident and can scan with Malwarebytes and/or SAS. Oh, and I forgot, almost all browser sessions are sandboxed, indeed, I'm not sure my wife, knows how to launch Ff except through Sb's quick launch icon! lol Plus since I've never used it resident I don't know how it impacts performance. Opinions appreciated!

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You already have a lot of security on your system,some may say too much.IMO you certainly don't need to have SAS running in realtime also.Any web based threats are contained within SBIE,which is itself protected against malicious activity by Mamutu,coupled with the other stuff you have it's hard to see what benefits SAS premium would bring for you.

3. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

I agree, SAS Premium would be more overkill :)

I don't use my SAS real-time, but I did buy it to support the company.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

FWIW- I saw the lifetime license for $9.99 on my laptop a little while back and purchased it. Now that license shows only good for one year. Still not a bad deal but a bit disappointing.

5. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

no need for it, however tempting it is for a bargain, your already overkill as it stands IMO, id leave it...

6. Madmanden

Madmanden Registered Member

I suppose I don't need to add that you don't need SAS with your setup. :)
    But don't be fooled by the 'one day only' text, I see the offer every time I do an update (and when I uninstall the software too I believe). So you can always change your mind and get it at a later date.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I bought SAS a few years ago through a similar offer of $20 for a lifetime license, and I run it real time. I also run Mbam free on demand. I have SBie which I got with a $15 one day offer, and use when I go on a questionable website. I bought Shadow Defender which I use occasionally, and when my Grandchildren use the computer. SpywareBlaster runs silently in the background, and NOD32 is my AV. We all make our own spyware choices, and most of them do the job. Your choices are good for you. If you had a clunker in your collection, I'd suggest you buy the SAS and dump the clunker, but you're good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.