To pdf converter!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Since I went to a laser printer I've been running to another room where I put the old Canon inkjet, with its efficient software, and hooking a laptop up to it every time I needed to send the children something. So today I decided to checkout some converters. Turns out Nitro reader will do it. Although I've kept Sumatra as my default reader, I have used Nitro in the past and it is very good. The setup file was only 1.7mb. I made a test text file and it converted it fine. Just thought I'd share the info!

2. guest

guest Guest

If I were you I'll ditch Sumatra and use Nitro as default viewer. Minimizing attack surface and have less things need to be updated. Yeah, I'm that lazy lol. :D

Just a link if anyone wants to convert to PDF (or any document formats) without installing programs:

hxxp://document.online-convert.com/

3. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

No arguments against the updating part (lol) but I beg to differ on the attack surface issue you mentioned.:p

Most PDF exploits make use of Javascript. By design, SumatraPDF doesn't support any dynamic content (such as JavaScript).

This represents a smaller attack surface compared to other alternatives (despite those having the option to disable Javascript)

If someone is already using Sumatra as default viewer, I'm of the opinion that person might as well stick to it and instead use the other alternatives (such as Nitro) for other purposes.

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I've been using cute pdf writer. It allows me to "print" to a pdf, which comes in handy when automating such tasks :)

Sul.

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I'm using last few years Bullzip PDF Printer...after installtion you get new printer - it's not a real printer but only virtual and is avaliable from the list others printers existed in system. Similar works: Doro PDF Writer, PDFCreator, PrimoPDF, doPDF and many others. All of them are free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.