To Patrice

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by no-idea4, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no-idea4

no-idea4 Registered Member

:) :) Thankyou for your great directions on how to use lns with a router;I had given up and had uninstalled because I was having all kinds if problems,but I gave it one more try using your instructions:no more disconnects or other problems.You saved me from wasting $40.00.Ihave been using LNS on 98 desktop for years but this router wireless thing was way out of my range of abilities.Thankyou again! :) :)

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi no-idea4,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm glad to see this information is useful.
    I was wondering if this kind of settings for a router was very specific or not.

Regards,

Frederic

3. no-idea4

no-idea4 Registered Member

Hi Frederic,
    I also had to add some specific rules,but the Patrice information got me going in the right direction.I have a linksys router.My network sees the router mac as xx xx xx xx xx 48; my ip sees the router mac as xx xx xx xx xx 47; the router mac printed on the bottom of my router is xx xx xx xx xx 46.All this caused some initial confusion,but for the most part I am free from disconnects on the wireless,and still showing all stealth at pcflank and shieldsup on all tests.Using yor sharing rules and a couple of eth rules I am able to share files between the two computers with lns on them and the other xp laptop with just windows firewall on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.