TIS 9.1.3766, 3641 very slow in boot cd backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by purecut, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purecut

purecut Registered Member

Hi to Acronis,

I'm a little bit confused about the 9.1 releases of TI Server. We are using this version for 2 W2K 2003 servers and have massive problems during the creating prozess (Boot CD). We have to backup a 9GB partition on drive C (Seagate SCSI HD ST373307LW) to another physikal different SCSI HD on the same server.

TI tells that it takes 10 minutes to create the back of the C partition but fact is that it takes 60 minutes to complete.

We are backing up from HD1 to HD2 (two different SCSI 320 HDs). Within version 8 is runs smoothly, but now it's a pain.

The restore prozess takes 10 minutes!! The creating prozess 60 minutes!!
    Also when we clone a HD (SCSI 320, 80GB) it's running very quick (15min).

This happens on two different machines.
    Machine 1:
    ASUS P4E
    Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller
    All HD are SCSI 320 ST373307LW
    2 GB RAM
    P4 3,20 GHz

Machine 2:
    ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe
    Adaptec 29320A SCSI controller
    All HD are SCSI 320 ST373307LW
    2 GB RAM
    P4 3,4 GHz

We also tried ACPI No ACPI but with no effect. Within version 8 we do not have had these problems. We can not backup the servers in online mode because of SQL and Radius services.

What can we do against these problems?
    Regards

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Sounds like a Linux driver problem perhaps.

Have you tried making a BartPe CD and see if that is any faster as it'll use Windows' drivers.

Colin

3. purecut

But why is the rstore prozess quicker than the backup prozess?. The drivers are the same, or used Linux a different SCSI driver for restoring - I don't think so. o_O

4. purecut

No I don't used a BartPE CD. How must I do this. Can you explain me the steps in simple words. Thanks to you

5. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Also please note it is quiet acpi=off noapic not noacpi

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

7. purecut

Thanks for your support.
    Yes it is a driver problem within Acronis TI. The drivers that they are using are crap. I made a BartPE und what a fun. The backup runs in 3 minutes. Acronis needs 1 hour for the same job. Blame Acronis. This problem is not new and what are Acronis doing??. Also the version 9.1.3832 shows the same poor performance under Acronis Boot CD!! Use better drivers Acronis!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.