Tips on Setup?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by firzen771, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well ive been testing a few products and would like to know what the "experts" here think about it and how it may need improving or any overlap?

im currently using:

- Avira Antivir Premium
    - PC Tools Firewall v5 Beta with ESV enabled
    - Mamutu

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I don't know what the third program is, but it looks like a solid setup. May want to run SAS and/or MBAM on demand.

What is ESV?

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

the 3rd program is a behavior blocker, ESV stands for enhanced security verification (HIPS feature of the firewall) and i do run those on demand, im just looking at my real-time setup right now.

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I guess I should have paid attention to your sig. LOL

5. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

A solid setup but as always you need a regular backup software like Cobian Backup or some sort of FD-ISR / Rollback App when things go wrong.

Note: Strongly Do not recommend RollbackRx Though!

6. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

I am not the right one to give tips, but with my setup below - and being a relatively safe surfer - I once a year run Ewido malware scanner and usually get 4 or 5 cookies in the report and the Kaspersky on line scanner hasnt found anything since I changed from free AVG to Free Antvir and installed DefenseWall back in beta days 2005-2006.

Under advanced in ThreatFire I have all boxes ticked which means I have a certain outbound control and enhanced protection, but I am still concidering to change the WinFW against OA free FW since Ive heard it doesnt slow down much.

For what its worth.

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.