Tiny Personal Firewall 6.5.126 Crashing

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by trinsic, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinsic

trinsic Registered Member

Hi guys, I know this is a long shot, but I am trying to install Tiny Personal Firewall on a Windows XP SP2 Build 2600 and it installs ok, but I get a fault with one or more of the modules when it interacts with a bunch of dlls, the first one is ntdll.dll fault address 0x000024bf1.

I was wondering if there was a way to look up that address to see where it is crashing, or what dll/hook its crashing on.. I really like TPF and want to figure out this problem no matter what... Looking up google yielded no results.

2. xuesisi

xuesisi Registered Member

Do you try to reinstall it ? Maybe will help you.And I used it too ,on 2003 SP2.
    Or try to use CA HIPS tookit test harness ,versions of the upgrade ,its quite good

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  3. trinsic

trinsic Registered Member

Yea reinstalling didn't do anything. it defintatley has something to do with this machines configuration.

Ill take a look at CA HIPS.. is it similar to Core Force? I read somewhere that it was similar?

4. xuesisi

No , its tiny's technology .and you'll find it...the same to tiny.And Core Force doesn't work on 2003 version,pity!

5. xuesisi

download link: ftp://escmftp:c0nt3nt@ftp.ca.com/CA_HIPS_r8_MULTI.zip

Learning_Mode_Tool --in the ZIP that's we want to install

You should change PC time to 2010,2020,2050~or far ,and install it, next ,if you open interface ,it will ......XX#$$#@7, you know,replaces the document with the attachment.
    Please rename CA HIPS Res.txt to CA HIPS Res.rar
    good luck

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.