Tiny Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by larryb52, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

The only one I can't get Tiny to pass is Breakout, the rest you can configure Tiny to pass. Tiny is great, but CA doesn't support it so I have moved on. Have you given Comodo a chance? The new version is coming out before the end of this month and should address a lot of requests. ATM, 2.0 isn't bad and passes all leaktests (besides the old zone alarm test that will be fixed in the new version)

2. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

I believe I have tried comodo before the name does ring a bell, I am starting to get put off tiny more now it is very heavy on the cpu, doing anything in the monitor or admin gui normally causes a cpu delay like its been worked hard, starting apps are sluggish and some apps close slowly as well, the rules are a bit messy the way they work as well. I will give it a thumbs up for low cpu utilisation for lan traffic (20% in tiny vs 90% in kerio) and for its tweakability.

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I noticed you commented on the Blink thread did you evaluate this before Comodo?

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Sorry for the delay, no I have not tried Blink. Personally I am very hesitant to try software as the installation process requires me to uninstall most my security software and then run a monitored installation which allows for complete removal later. Blink does look very nice, especially the IDS, but I am not impressed enough to dive in quite yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.