"TimounterMonitor.exe" and "TrueImageMonitor.exe" process for every user?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nathan_se, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathan_se

nathan_se Registered Member

Hello,

we're using TI Server 9.1 on a Windows 2003 Server running Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 with about 60 Users working on it.

I always wondered why for every single logged-in user a "TimounterMonitor.exe" and a "TrueImageMonitor.exe" process is running, as none of those users is able or allowed to actually use TrueImage on the server, neither to backup nor to restore anything.

Is this really necessary? If not, what can be done about it? In my opinion, it just seems as wasting ressources on the server.

I have installed TI with the "For the currently logged-in user only" option, but this doesn't seem to make a difference. (BTW: Even when using this option, the TI-Installation routine creates a shortcut in the Startmenu of "All Users", which is not appropriate on a Terminalserver!)

Anonther annoying "Terminalserver-issue": Whenever I as an administrator do a restore of some files during working hours, a animated icon appears in the System Tray. This icon can be seen by ALL users and, of course, the have nothing better to do than to click on everything they don't know... :cautious: The users can't actually manipulate the restore process, but anyway they shouldn't know about it at all.

Am I the only one using TI on a Terminalserver? ;)

Bye,
    nathan_se

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I'm not very informed as to your situation, but could you limit the exe files appearing on the workstations through policy configuration modifications?

...Allen

3. Sebastian

Sebastian Registered Member

I've moved the registry "run keys" to the HKLU on my TS.

4. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Do you mean HKLM?

5. Sebastian

From HKLM to HKCU (Administrator). (Mixed up "local user" and "current user")

--------to be run as administrator-----
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "TrueImageMonitor.exe"="M:\\Programme\\Acronis\\TrueImageServer\\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
    "AcronisTimounterMonitor"="M:\\Programme\\Acronis\\TrueImageServer\\TimounterMonitor.exe"
    "Acronis Scheduler2 Service"="\"M:\\Programme\\Gemeinsame Dateien\\Acronis\\Schedule2\\schedhlp.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "TrueImageMonitor.exe"=-
    "AcronisTimounterMonitor"=-
    "Acronis Scheduler2 Service"=-

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nathan_se,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

I'm afraid that these processes will run for every user on your server. Please find the information about these processes in the previous post.

You can terminate these processes if you think they occupy too much memory, but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks.

Please make sure that Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows is installed under Administrator.

I have forwarded this issue to our Development Team and they will try to fix it as soon as possible.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. Sebastian

Anyway, moving the process-startup to the local administrator will have no negative impact, as long as you always are logged in on the console with that account.

8. nathan_se

nathan_se Registered Member

Hi all,

first of all I'd like to thank you for your quick and detailed replies. Some of your suggestions might help, some might not (e.g I'm rather not always logged in with the administrator account on the console). Nevertheless I now know much more about those questionable processes, so all of your information was far from useless.

So, thanks again, and greetings from germany, the country of the FIFA world cup 2006.

Bye,
    nathan_se

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.