timounter.dll error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scottofbridgeport, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottofbridgeport

scottofbridgeport Registered Member

I just downloaded the Acronis True Image Home 9.0 (latest build released July 1, 2006) trial demo, and it won't respond. I just did a clean install of Windows 98se on a Dell Dimension xps m200s (Pentium 200 mmx 64MB ram). It shows up under cntrl-alt-del, but never opens. I get hard drive activity and the busy 'hourglass' icon briefly every 4 seconds. I tried the repair and got timounter.dll error. I did the repair again, and still it won't open.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scottofbridgeport,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the problem with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home not launching from under Windows 98\ME is known and has already been fixed in builds 3666 and higher. Please take a look at this previous thread for details.

Please also note that the latest trial version available for downloading at Acronis official web site is still of 3633 build and that's why you experience this problem. I'll let you know when the free trial version of the newer build will be available. We are very sorry for the current inconvenience.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. BenjaminO

BenjaminO Registered Member

I have the same problem with True Image 9 build 3854 on Windows XP Professional

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BenjaminO,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide more details?
    What version are you using: trial or full? What is the full name of the program (i.e. Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation)?
    What are you trying to do and what happens? Are there any error messages? If there are, please describe them.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. BenjaminO

BenjaminO Registered Member

Hello Marat,

I own Trueimage9.03854
    Sometimes I get this message:
    "This application has failed to start because timounter.dll was not found". Re-installing the app may fix this problem. It did although several times I needed 2 installations to fix the problem. After using Trueimage 1 or 2 or 3 times the problem repeats.

Kind regards,

BenjaminO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.