Time to Upgrade RA

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by dvation191, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvation191

dvation191 Registered Member

My NOD32 Enterprise license is just about to expire so I renewed for another two years. Eset emailed me the new license key as an attachment. Before deploying the new NOD32 v3 Business clients I wanted to make sure I updated the RA Server and Console.

I ran setup for the RA server and tried to load the license key and got an error:
    Error while reading license key file
    C:\nod32.lic

So instead, I fired up the RA Console and tried the file > renew license option and also got an error:
    Error loading license key!
    Probably wrong format or signature. (20079,0)

Is something wrong with my license? I even had Eset resend it and it still didn't work (same errors). Am I doing something wrong?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have seen license keys corrupted when downloaded from webmail accounts. Did you have it sent to an Exchange or a POP3/SMTP mailbox?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. dvation191

Both, actually. We have our MX records pointing to Google Apps. We then use POP to pull down our mail to our Exchange server.

If the license file is actually getting corrupt, it would be quite a coincidence that my old .lic file was resent and was readable but the new one was not.
    Do you have any suggested workarounds?

4. dvation191

I had my reseller send me the files as a .zip - same problem :(

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would suggest asking your reseller or ESET's technical support department to test the license file. If it is corrupt, they should be able to cancel it and generate a new one which does not have the problem. ESET's technical support department can be reached by telephone at +1 (866) 343-3738.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. dvation191

Turns out there was a problem issuing .lic files from Eset over the past couple days. Eset send me a new .lic file and everything works great now. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.