Time of Backup is incorrect

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by greshoff, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greshoff

greshoff Registered Member

Hi,

Using TI2009. I have created a backup but the time of the back up is completely wrong. My system time is correct. Is there a way to set TI 2009 to give the correct time a backup was created?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

All my backup images made with V8,9,10,11 have been logged with a one hour in advance of local system time.

I gave up worrying about it, but so have Acronis which is somewhat annoying.

Xpilot

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello greshoff, Xpilot and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that when you create an image archive in Acronis True Image (any edition) rescue mode, the Created Time of the image archive will be GMT, therefore it will differ from the Windows time (GMT + time zone shift).

If that's not the case, could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please describe, how have the backup been created?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also clarify the exact time, when the archive was actually created, and what time it shows.

Then submit a request for technical support or use our Live Chat service. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Being surprised that the reported times reflect GMT (UTC) time when creating an image with Rescue Media CD, I decided to check it out. Never noticed the times before.

OS is WinXP Home w/SP3. TrueImage 2009 Home
    Location: Minnesota, U.S.A and local time zone is CST where CST=GMT-6 hours.

Image creation start time: 17:49 GMT (11:49 CST) 11/16/2008
    Reviewing the .tib file created this is what I see:
    File start time displayed: 05:49
    File completion time displayed: 06:30 (really not relevant)

Interesting results. 05:49 suggests to me 5:49 AM. I suppose it could mean 5:49 PM (17:49 GMT) which is not the best way to display the results. Perhaps using a 24-hour format would be more appropriate.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  5. regallow

regallow Registered Member

To me, it appears the software subtracted six hours from your local time instead of adding six hours, to get what it thought would be GMT. Instead of GMT, it calculated GMT minus 12 hours.

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Yes, that's certainly possible. Hopefully Acronis can make a comment.

Bruce

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The issue you are experiencing is well-known, the appropriate task has been created, our developers will fix it as soon as possible. The update may be available in the next released build.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

8. greshoff

greshoff Registered Member

Do you have an approximate of a release date for the next build?

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI has been an hour off in the backup time for several versions. I wouldn't hold my breath that it finally would be fixed in the next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.