TIHE 11 - Write Error during Cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LLogan64, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLogan64

LLogan64 Registered Member

I have True Image Home 11 (8,101) and am trying to clone a 40 GB PATA hard drive (with only 5 GB left on drive) to a 250 GB Western Digital Ultra DMA drive. I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 1.70 with 2 GB of Ram running Windows XP Pro. I have run ckdsk and have found no errors on 40 GB drive, but when cloning starts, I get about 37 percent through the process and then get "operation error: write error." I have tried cloning multiple times and each time I try, it gives me the same error. Attached is the report that I got with the Acronis Report program. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. LLogan64

LLogan64 Registered Member

If anyone could assist or offer advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I have continued to try the cloning of my 40GB drive to a 250 GB drive and it continually gives me a Write Error. The percentage of completion varies when I get the error, but I always get it. I am using a Firexpress 250sx enclosure to hold the new disk it that helps to shed light on my problem. My laptop has Windows XP Pro with SP3 on it.

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Try it vice versa.

plugin your 250GB drive into the M2 and the 40GB into the USB-enclosure.

Start with the Ti rescue-CD. If both devices are recognised you can try to clone. From USB to M2.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LLogan64 and MrMorse,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Also you can try to backup/restore the hard drive. Create two partitions on the second hard drive and place the archive to the second partition. Swap the hard drives and recover the archive using Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.