TIH2009 9709 and "Failed to Read" errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timtrace, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timtrace

timtrace Registered Member

Hello, I'm running TI Home 2009 12.0.0.9709 on Vista SP1, and my backups are erroring out with code 500 0x101F4, "Failed to read from the sector 63 of the hard disk 2: retry/ignore/ignore all/cancel", or, "Failed to read from the sector 63 of the hard disk 3: retry/ignore/ignore all/cancel".

This is annoying because it is happening during the first few seconds of scheduled backups, and without a keypress the backup does not complete. On those very few times when I'm around to click Ignore, the task runs to completion with no further problems.

Disk 2 is my 4GB Lexar ExpressCard SSD ReadyBoost disk. It is not selected for backup. Please review the linked image below.

Disk 3 is the backup destination device, a 750GB Seagate Free Agent USB drive. It is not selected for backup; it is the destination device. Please review the linked image below.

Chkdsk does not find any errors on either disk 2 or disk 3.

On Live Chat, a support agent recommended that I modify the task's error handling options to ignore bad sectors, and use silent mode. This did not help.

Curiously, when I view the properties of the scheduled backup task, disk 3 appears with no volume label and no filesystem. The OS sees the label as "USB750", and the FS type is NTFS. Please review the linked image below.

Has anyone else experienced, or heard about similar behavior? Does anyone have any ideas of how to resolve the issue?

((This is somewhat of a continuation of a previous topic.))

Thanks !!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/timtrace/TC%20Systems/IT/3fc676c0.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. Bummed

Bummed Registered Member

Don't have a solution, but am having similar problems with ATI. Am running XP Pro SP2. ATI is V 11 build 8101.

My second drive is a Maxtor 250GB which I use solely for backups.

During a full three partition backup, ATI reported :"failed to read from sector 376,306,560 of hard disk 2.

Chkdsk /f reported: deleting corrupt file record segment 32. Ran chkdsk twice on hard disk 2 to ensure that it was clean. No problems reported.

Then proceeded with a 3 hour full three partition backup. ATI reported backup completed with errors. Upon further inspection, the backup file was not created. Did an additional chkdsk, but no problems were reported.

Received acknowledgment from ATI support on Feb 10th concerning my request for help. Not a word from them since.

Am considering switching to "Perfect Image" by Advanquest. Know anyone who has used this software?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

timtrace, have you received SnapAPI file? Also, can I see Acronis Report?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. timtrace

Oleg, I've received and installed the SnapAPI MSI file. The version of SnapAPI.DLL in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 is 3.3.0.380 .

The problem remains.

Does the downloaded version of SnapAPI.DLL output a troubleshooting log? If so, where must I look for it?

5. Acronis Support

Hello timtrace,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

First of all, please attach all your hard drives to the system and download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip).
    This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

You can attach the file to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. timtrace

Here it 'tis.

(By the way...the forum does not allow zipped attachments.)

Attached Files:

7. Acronis Support

Hello timtrace,

Thank you for the provided information.

Please let me know your e-mail address via PM, I need more diagnostic files for troubleshooting.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.