TIE Management Console Hangs connecting to backup server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by theperm, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theperm

theperm Registered Member

I sent an email regarding this issue to support via the web site. Acronis #1479317.

since i have not heard anything i will try for a response here. Im not alone with this problem because i have found similar threads reporting the same. However i have no idea if these issues where resolved for those people as there was never any followup after support joined the threads.

Basically when i try to connect to backupserver via the management console it just sits there and doesn't respond, with no indication as to what went wrong

I have juts installed TIEcho Workstation b8076. The same happened if i try to connect from another machine.

This is the same issue as reported here by this user https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=204493&highlight=connect
    but no solution is offered.

Also these threads look similar.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=198827&highlight=connect
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=198913&highlight=connect

What is the problem here?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. theperm

All that has allready been checked.
    Acronis was installed from same build. The machine never had backup server/and management console, before
    Forget about remote operation for now. local machine only here with services all running. Firewalls disabled, the Console still hangs. You know from the other threads other people have this problem, so what is the next step? How do we determine what the problem is? In any event no software should hang regardless of connection problems. It should inform as best as it can what the problem is.

4. Acronis Support

Hello theperm,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please try removing ag_echo_fconnect.dll file from the following folder (on the remote machine where Acronis Agent is installed):
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent

If there is Acronis Backup Server or Acronis Group Server installed on the same machine with the problematic Acronis Agent, then the described solution will prevent them from proper functioning.

It is better not to delete the ag_echo_fconnect.dll file, but to move to a different location (i.e different folder).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. theperm

I tried that but when i connect on the remote machine it now complains that it failed to find the protocols required for the connection with remote agent. Make sure that all necessary components are installed on the selected computer.

I really want to be able to connect from the local machine first before any remotes, so can we focus on local machine connection here. If it cant connect locally its doubtful a remote connection will work, no?

Ive put the dll back for now.
    So whats the next step, or is there any debug log info that can be provided?

6. Acronis Support

Hello theperm,

Could you please clarify if you're trying to connect to Acronis Agent which is installed on the same computer as Acronis True Image Management Console and Acronis Backup Server?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. SysKeeper

SysKeeper Registered Member

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem with TIE for SBS. It works if I rename the mentioned dll, but then I'm only able to connect to the agent. There's no chance for me to manage the Backup Server (which is what I'm trying to do...).

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    SysKeeper

8. Acronis Support

Hello SysKeeper,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server.

Please be aware that it's not recommended to install Acronis Agent on the same computer as Acronis Backup Server. Acronis Backup Server is intended to be installed on a computer dedicated for archives storage.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.