.tib files burned to CD media fail on restore and validation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by msheats, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msheats

msheats Registered Member

Hi,

I have a backup set created with TrueImage Home 11. The set consist of three files (mybackup1.tib,mybackup2.tib,mybackup3.tib). When the backup was created I set options to breakup the backup into 700mb sizes so I could burn the .tib files to CD's.

If I do the restore or validation from the hard drive or from a network location all is well and the job completes.

If I attempt to validate or restore from the CD's first using the CD with the last file in the backup set it tells me that the operation failed. This message pops up immediately after starting.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening. The data on the CD is fine because if I copy the .tib files off the CD to another location, then attempt the restore/validate it gives no error.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I think that validation of the files on the CD fails because the original location was a hard drive. If you opted to make the Image directly to the CD then it might pass validation. True Image is weird that way.

3. msheats

The backup advanced options specifically have an option to make the backup size fit on a CD (700mb).

I think I found my issue though. During the restore/validate I was using ATI 2009, but the backup was created using ATI 11.

4. msheats

Yes that was it. I used a Acronis Recovery CD from version 11 and it restored my backup from the CD's just fine.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Thanks for posting your solution.

That's even more weirdness from True Image as TI 2009 Rescue CD will restore an Image made with Ver.9, though CD media doesn't come into play here.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's unbelievable. TI has always promised to be backward compatible for at least two versions. That the 2009 rescue CD can't restore a TI 11 backup is a deal breaker.

Would you double check that the 2009 rescue CD fails on the TI 11 backup CDs that you used to restore.

And further, if you create a new backup with TI 2009 and burn the three files to CDs that it can restore them.

I know this is a lot to ask, but it's an important point for anyone who stores backup images on disks.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Hey guys, aren't you mis-interpreting what he posted. He is saying his restore was with a v11 CD. The 2009 failed.

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, that's how I understand it. The v11 CD worked and the TI 2009 CD failed.

But the TI 2009 CD should be able to restore a TI 11 backup image. Why did it fail?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello msheats,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue in details and we will provide you ISO image Acronis True Image bootable disc for version 11 which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.