tib archive shrinks when built into an iso

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gamer1000k, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamer1000k

gamer1000k Registered Member

I'm building a restore dvd with a 4.5gb tib archive on it, but when I build it into an iso this shrinks down to 300mb. The archive was created with normal compression and I'm using mkisofs included with BartPE to build the iso. Anyone have any idea why the file is being shrunk?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gamer1000k,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that to create removable media with a backup archive on it bootable you should choose respective option in Backup Wizard. It will write along with backup archive additional components. Thus, you will not need a separate rescue disk.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to create bootable media with backup archive on it in chapter 5.3.8 “Media components” in the respective User's Guide.

Also could you please provide us with more details on the issue you experience?

First of all, please let us know the exact name and build number of the product you use. You can find this information in the Help -> About dialog.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

3. gamer1000k

gamer1000k Registered Member

I'm using TrueImage Workstation 9.1. Whenever I try to put .tib files into an iso, using programs such as Roxio CD creator or mkisofs, the final iso is much smaller than the image was, and when I open the iso with an iso viewer, it confirms that the filesize shrunk. Today I tried a different program and had a 4.2GB image shrink to 30mb inside the iso. I'm using the BartPE plugin to create the images, and I'm trying to put an image in the BartPE build for a restore disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.