TI90 2273 - damaged docs after restore selected files or folder from disc image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Little Pete, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Pete

Little Pete Registered Member

I did the next test on my document folder:

Restore one file or folder from a full or incremental disc image using the restore wizard (checking the archive first).

The restore process succeeds but the document is damaged (or all documents if you restore a folder) and can not be opened in Word any more!!!!!

After restoring a whole partition image, which I did yesterday, there was no problem wit the documents. That’s why I skip restoring a whole image for the moment. Not sure any more!

Did some more test: when I use windows explorer (copy & paste) instaed after plugging in the same image there is no problem. When I copy the document or folder back, I can open the documents again.

When creating a file & folder backup from my documents, restoring seems to work fine: after a restore I can open my word documents. This is at least a good thing about files & folders.

Pete

2. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Hi Pete,

I am not certain that I understand your situation properly, but will describe something that I believe may be similar...

I needed to do a full restore (...don't ask...<g>) and it seemed to work well.

Then, I discovered a problem in Word 2000:

If I attempted to open a DOC it appeared incorrectly, that is, various characters were "replaced." Also, if I attempted to open a DOC that had images, instead of the images appearing, the doc opened as an endless string of uninterpretable characters.

But here it gets more interesting...

If, instead of "opening" any of those DOCs, I "inserted" them in a blank DOC, they appeared just fine.

I messed with this for a few days with no success, and then noticed that it I attempted to open these DOCs from another machine, they opened properly.

That seemed to indicate that the problem was with Word rather than with the DOCs and so I ran a Word Detect & Repair.

That corrected the problem.

All the best,

Kenneth

3. neilr9

neilr9 Registered Member

I had the same problem as Pete. You can get around it by Plugging the image and copying the files. It's still a bug though.

Neil

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pete, Kenneth and Neil,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have forwarded this issue to our development team. This problem will be resolved in the future builds of Acronis True Image 9.0. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

5. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Hello,

Please forgive me if I have contributed to any confusion, but I had the Word problem running TI V8.

All the best,

Kenneth

6. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Hello,

TI 9 corrupted my archive. This was the first time I ever had such a result from any version of TI I purchased in the past(6-7-:cool:.

I am reinstalling version 8, which worked well enough for me. I wish I could receive a refund for TI 9.

Regards,
    Jim Schwartz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.