TI9 very buggy, looks like beta software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbrevoord, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrevoord

jbrevoord Registered Member

TI9 is very very buggy, i've had several problems already [within 18 hours of buying]:
    - corrupt scripts [first had to recreate old scripts, later new script gave an error of scrips being of newer version....]
    - errors creating secure zone [error reading sectors, freezing of system]
    - incremental backups to REV drive not working [folders/files as well as full partition backups]

first upgraded from TI8: buggy
    then removed secure zone, TI8 and installed TI9: still buggy

the software feels like beta software, this is not what i'm used to from Acronis [have used TI6, TI7 and TI8 without any problems on same system/configuration]

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbrevoord,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience, caused by such a behaviour of Acronis software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2273) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If any of the problems you reported still persists with the latest build (2273) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please describe them in more words starting the new thread for each problem.

Please also take a look at my last post in this previous thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jbrevoord

jbrevoord Registered Member

results:
    - corrupt scripts [first had to recreate old scripts, later new script gave an error of scrips being of newer version....]
    LOOKS FIXED

- errors creating secure zone [error reading sectors, freezing of system]
    LOOKS FIXED

- incremental backups to REV drive not working [folders/files as well as full partition backups]
    LOOKS PARTIALLY FIXED, STILL KEEPS ASKING FOR FIRST MEDIA [THOUGH I EXPLICITLY CLEARED CHECKBOX FOR THIS OPTION]

4. Yapmf

Yapmf Guest

i suggested acronis offer refund to unsatisfied users or allowed users to use
    version 8, while we provide feedback on TI9 using some test machines. That would at least be fair to paying users. Losing the user's data is no joking matters.

5. whmitty

whmitty Registered Member

I discontinued TESTING of TI9 to which I upgraded last week. This after multiple unacceptable errors with builds 2245 through 2259. I live in a rural environment and my best Internet connection speed is 28.8K so repeated downloads of 38MB files puts me in poor humor. I am now watching the results of others with lightning speed connections beta-testing this software. This situation has all the hallmarks of new personnel in either quality control/development or possibly the management side. My guess is quality control/development where management is not watching the store. Either way they dropped the ball and appear to be joyously kicking it around before picking it up. I make this assertion because I have experienced none of this silliness with releases 6 through 8. TI8 still works for me. If this situation doesn't show improvement soon I may ask for a refund on my TI9 upgrade as I approach the 30 day mark. To amplify on another post on this forum, Acronis would do well to admit having released the product early, that we're all just beta-testing AND maybe consider giving each of us a 50% refund on the TI9 upgrade to encourage loyalty! I'm surprised and disappointed but for now I just want the product to work as advertised.

6. LuckyMe

LuckyMe Guest

I have had no problems with TI9 since upgrading but I do not use all the features such as scheduling. I do a full backup once a week of my main drive to a USB drive (which is switched off after use).

I did find the full recovery CD slow to restore from a USB but using the "safe" version was quicker. From Window everything works ok.

I used to have intermiittent corrupt image message with TI 8 ( the memory showed errors with memtest 86 but was stable enough to run all programmes 99% of the time) but since replacing my 1 gig of memory I have no problems with corrupt images built from windows or from recovery disk.

XP SP2 1 gig RAM SATA and IDE drives
    Soltek SL-PT880E-RL MB
    P4
    South Bridge Via VT8237
    North Bridge Via Apollo PT880

7. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

That's because ............ it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.