TI9 v2323 Nightmare Scenario

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mhallerman, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Today all of a sudden the backup to my 30GB secure zone didn't work - no errors, just that the backup made "no progress" - looking into the partitions w/ XP Disk Management utility I see the label for the acronis secure zone is gone, blank, though the space is still there in the sz partition.

Screenshot is attached.

Any ideas on this Acronis? Thanks in advance...
    Mark.

Attached Files:

2. mhallerman

Re: Secure Zone Dissapears

Additional Info:

Booted from Acronis Boot Disk, deleted and recreated SZ. Keep trying to backup and it the partition "loses it's identity" a few minutes before completion - this causes the backup to just continue until I manually stop it...

3. mhallerman

Upgraded from 2302 to 2323 after 1st uninstalling 2302. Created set of 2323 rescue boot disks.

Tried my nornal backup to my 30GB SZ which normally takes 45 min or so. It said the backup would take approx. 5 or 6 hours to comeplete. Outrageous.

I then tried it while booting from the 2323 rescue disk and performed the baclup to sz. Said @ 1 hour and 7 min which I could live with . Now backup has 6 minutes to go, only problem is that the 6 minute message has been onscreen FOR THE LAST 30 MINUTES. Something is seriously wrong. Forget the errors with the build numbers not jiving, though that should really be rectified.

I only upgraded from 2302 to 2323 because 2302 backups to the sz were similarly HANGING at the end <1 min etc....

If my company performced like this, we would be checkout boys at the local supermarket in no-time. Acronis, please advise me as to what is happening. I have no verifiable backups that can be used in case of a catastrophic failure.

After rebooting from a failed backup to the Acronis SZ, the pc hangs after cheching the c drive which it reports as fine and I need to do a hard-power-button down, to be able to restart. This is wholly unacceptable. Please tell me what higher-level of support you can assign to my issues to resolve them asap.

Additional info and screenshots at my related thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=109664

Regards,
    Mark A. Hallerman
    Chief Information Officer
    RINGO, LLC
    http://www.goringo.com

4. Kiwi52

Kiwi52 Registered Member

I don't suppose the machine you're having problems with is overclocked by any chance? Mine was and turning off O/C stopped the random lockups I was getting. Just a suggestion based on personal experience. If the above does not apply, then just ignore this post.

Cheers.

5. mhallerman

No, no overclocking/modding at all, but I appreciate your question kiwi52.

Best,
    Mark.

6. mhallerman

Irina - Anyone at Acroniso_O

7. mhallerman

I would appreciate it if anyone at Acronis would respond.

Tried to de-activate startup recovery manager - it looked like it worked but didn't. Only whenre booting into recovery manager and then deleting sz, then deactivating, did it work.

There are so many problems with 2323 it seems, where does one turn to have some peice of mind with the backup situation? Right now it's dead in the water.

I await your reponse...

Thanks,
    Mark.

8. mhallerman

I need to add this to the list of problems - whenever I try to backup to the SZ, the program hangs at 2 minutes to go - I see disk and cpu activity, but no the backup never finishes...related to the other above issues with the SZ? maybe?

Acronis - can I exprect anyone there to respond to me on these issues?

9. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

hello mhallerman,

Just a heads up -- it's pretty typical of Acronis support to do like Santa Claus and come in and do their thing here overnight. I assume due to time zone differences.

Of course, I believe they should be matching their schedule up to that of their clientele but I don't plan to hold my breath on that.

So, this is just for your info and not to excuse Acronis support. Maybe they just barely missed you overnight last night (yes, I see the 10:39P timestamp). Here's hoping they get to you tonight.

10. mhallerman

Crofttk - hope you're right - thanks for the info!

11. mhallerman

This just keeps getting worse - I completely uninstalled TI via the instructions posted elsewhere here in another thread, rebooted, and reinstalled 2323 - now upon startup of TI9 2323 I get the

"E000101F4 - Application Module Error"

Acronis - what do I have to do to get support on these issues? Why do you not respond?

Attached Files:

12. mhallerman

Acronis,

Can someone please respond to these issues above? Is there some reason why I can't get support on these? I paid for the product in good faith, and there seems to be no excuse that a paying customer has to effectively beg for support.

I have requested support on the above issues as I now have no backup solution that works with respect to TI9.

Regards,
    Mark.

13. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Well, the schedule would have to be 24 x 7 to satisfy everybody, there's a heck of a lot of time zones and folkes works at all sorts of strange hours.

Bye thee waye, one of th eattractivenesses of TI is that Acronis does have this forum and appears to respond. Also, the form allows users to be notified of problems and for folkes to help each other.

Symantec used to have such forums, but they dropped them several years ago and, IMNSOHO, have awful "support".

14. mhallerman

Howard,

I have to disagree with you on two points:

1. It's past the point of strange hours and timezones - no response whatsoever to multiple issues over DAYS.

2. I'd rather not have to have paid for a product that has to have a dedicated forum where 99% of the posts are complaints and problems, a majority of which it seems Acronis doesn't resolve, and in fact where a later build is generally worse than an earlier one.

I appreciate your post though, but at this point I'm close to demanding a refund, as I don't have the time to be a beta tester for Acronis which is what this process is....I'm spending hours trying to get their software to install correctly, let alone backups to work, and I have real work to do :)

Mark.

15. crofttk

OK, Howard, well most of their clientele then.:rolleyes: I suspect that meridian lies somewhere betwixt the UK and the US, don't you ? (eh... you wizards of Oz, don't be offended, I just don't think your numbers make the charts in this context)

Good Luck Mark.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  16. mhallerman

Thanks Crofttk.

Anyone know the process to get a refund? Just purchased a few weeks ago. At this point I think I will look to Ghost, though I hate the Symantec products, I am willing to try it if it means not spending hours here in these forums (though I do enjoy talking to you all :) )

Mark.

17. Howard Kaikow

Only Actonis knows fer sure.

Lots of time zones 'tween Hawaii and the eastern part of Europe.

18. Howard Kaikow

I was not commenting on the quality of the support.
    Just be thankful this forum even exists.

19. crofttk

:D No doubt ! In either direction !

20. mhallerman

Howard,

Neither was I - there is effectively no support. And if the product for the most part worked, there would not be much need for the forum at all in it's current state.

Mark.

21. crofttk

Mark, found this:

AT http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/retail/refund/

22. Howard Kaikow

If you purchased via credit card, you can call the credit card company and thell them you are returning the product.

You'll likely have to contact Acronis to find out how to do this.

I've only used the demo of Acronis 9 (2302 abd 2323), but I did purchase Ghost 10 a few weeks ago , only because it was $0 after rebates.

Ghost 10 has it's share of problems, see http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general.

Of the two, I would prefer TI, IF the problems I reported get corrected.
    Cost me about 8-10 hours yesterday recovering my system after trying build 2323, not a pleasant experience.

23. mhallerman

Thanks croft -will give it 24 more hours and see if they have the courtesy to respond...what a shame they treat their customers this way...

24. mhallerman

Howard,

Sucks to hear this! Doesn't seem like Ghost is even a somewhat better alternative. Wow....

Sorry to hear about you and the 10 hour adventure yesterday....I'm now trying a 2nd manual uninstall of 2323 - this is a joke.

25. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

For the record, if a thread is started here that isn't a support issue, I (or another moderator) am very likely to move it to a more appropriate forum. This particularly applies to the comparisons and competing products some are beginning to be mentioned in this thread. This is the Acronis support forum and shall be used as such - the comparisons, other products, etc have been and will continue to be discussed in "other software and services."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.