TI9 taking PC off network!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by griffo, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffo

griffo Registered Member

I have just downloaded TI9 for a 15 day trial. I have tried to do a full backup of a folder (containing many other sub-folders) of 4.48Gb.

It starts the process (very, very slowly!) and then causes the 'host' PC to lose it's network connection. This has happened 3 times so far.

Both the host PC and the client (laptop) are running XP Pro.

Does anyone have any idea(s) why this might be happening please?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello griffo,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- Find the build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window and let us know it;

- As far as I can understand, you try to create a file-based backup of the folder located on your laptop's internal hard drive saving it to the shared drive\folder on your "host" machine. Is my understanding correct?

- What do you mean exactly when saying that the backup process "causes the 'host' PC to lose it's network connection"?

- How did you find out that the "host" PC has lost it's network connection? Are you able to re-establish the connection?

- Do you receive any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Does the problem appear when the free trial version of Acronis True Image is running from under Windows or when your computer is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD?

- Are you able to copy\move large files (bigger than 4GB) from the laptop's hard drive to the shared drive\folder on your "host" PC using Windows Explorer?

- Try to create an image saving it to the laptop's internal hard drive and inform us about the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. griffo

griffo Registered Member

v9.1 buils 3567

trying to create a file-based backup of a Folder, held on our 'proxy server', onto my laptop, over our LAN.

when process has been running (very slowly!!) for a few minutes, the 'proxy server' loses it's network connection. In other words the PS can no longer be accessed over the network and has to be rebooted.

I have since succeeded in completing the process (took nearly 2 hours) by going to the wireless ifrared port and reduced the speed from 4,000,000 bps to 1,152,000.

4. griffo

griffo Registered Member

Trying now to do a differential back up but I'm not sure I will live long enough to see it completed. This is awful!!!

5. Acronis Support

Hello griffo,

Please try to perform the following and let us know the results:

- Copy\move large files (bigger than 4GB) from the laptop's hard drive to the shared drive\folder on your "host" PC using Windows Explorer;

- Try to create the image and store it to the internal hard drive.

As for the issue with differential backup, please explain your step-by-step actions which you took to create this backup. Please note that when you create differential/incremental backup its name is based on the full backup file name. For example, if the full backup name is "MyBackup.tib" then the first differential/incremental will be "MyBackup2.tib".

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  6. amdilbert

amdilbert Registered Member

Hi Griffo (and Acronis). I too have been experiencing the same problem. I have a slightly updated version of Acronis Workstation v91. (build 3602). My host PC is running Windows MCE 2005, SP2, and the remote computer that I am trying to back up over the network is a laptop with XP Pro.

I have ZoneAlarm v6.1 that actually is being caused to crash when I try to back up the laptop to a local drive on my host computer. I can back up the laptop to a direct attached USB drive, and also to a NAS unit. But connecting to another PC through a disk share is causing all sorts of grief. Even if I disable ZoneAlarm before starting the backup from the laptop, it still doesn't run.

Since I have a registered version of Acronis v9.1, I am hoping that support will give me some help, and I will post any assistance that they give me. (Support issue #562121)

Any other suggestions would be great!
    Thanks,
    Andrew

7. Acronis Support

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

As I can see, our support engineer Dmitry Filimonov is already working on your issue. Please send him the requested information and he will certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.