TI9 takes one hour to restore image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by OrlaRau, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrlaRau

OrlaRau Registered Member

I just upgraded to True Image 9.0. Great disapointment ... :(
    With TI-7 and TI-8 it took 10 to 15 minutes to restore my systemdrive (Image about 4 GB). With TI-9 it takes more than one hour to restore the same image. An image created with TI-9 also takes more than an hour to restore. (Image creation does not take longer as it did before though)

Under the restore process my screen looks like some magnetic field is disturbing in both left and right sides, and when I move my mouse, the pointer is just jumping around at its own will.
    The Harddrive LED is not fliskering rapidly as it did before, but merely like a short OFF and a long ON (ON in about one second).

My Images are saved on an SATA HDD (not raid) on a Promise SATA150 TX2plus card.
    I have another HDD on this card which is an IDE HDD. I tried to save on this drive an restore from that, but same result - more than an hour ..
    I do not have any HDD on the motherboards IDE connectors besides the systemdrive, but this HDD has a second partition. I tried to restore an image from that partition too, but TI-9's first estimate then was more than one day to restore !!! Final estimate was three hours so I canceled it and used my TI-8 diskettes to get my PC running again (this time in just 15 minutes ;) )

I just updated BIOS and driver for my SATA150 TX2plus. That made no difference.

My system:

Operating System(s)
    Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Processor
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
    L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous ATC (8-way sectored, 64 byte line size)

Mainboard
    Bus(es) : AGP PCI IMB USB
    MP Support : No
    MP APIC : Yes
    System BIOS : Award Software, Inc. ASUS P4B533-V ACPI BIOS Revision 1003
    Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4B533-V
    Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1
    Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc 82845G/GL/GV Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (A1-step)
    Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 135MHz (540MHz data rate)
    Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
    Memory Bus Speed : 2x 135MHz (270MHz data rate)

Video System
    Monitor/Panel : Samsung SyncMaster 710(M)s (CHB7707*)
    Adapter : Matrox Millennium G550 - English

Physical Storage Devices
    Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive
    Hard Disk : IOMEGA ZIP 250
    Hard Disk : ST340014A 14.2GB + 23.1GB (FAT32)
    Hard Disk : ST312002 6A SCSI Disk Device 111.8GB (NTFS)
    Hard Disk : ST312002 6AS SCSI Disk Device 111.8GB (NTFS)
    CD-ROM/DVD : PLEXTOR DVDR PX-708A

I purchased the extra package for my notebook and on this it runs like expected (about 15 minutes to restore a 3.8 GB image).
    There is another setback though which I wil put in another thread.

2. Atlast

Atlast Guest

IS from the rescue disk or when in Windows?

3. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Re: Image Restore Taking Forever (18 hours so far)

At least you got 9.0 to work...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Image Restore Taking Forever (18 hours so far)

Hello OrlaRau,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you restoring your image from under Windows or when booted from Bootable Rescue CD?

Please also tell me how much time does it actually (not estimated time, but actual time) take to restore your image both from under Windows and when Booted from Bootable Rescue CD.

Please find the full version name and build number as it is shown here and let me know them.

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. OrlaRau

The problem is with True Image ver. 9.0 build 2245.

Only when a canceled I talk about estimated restore time. All other times are the actual time it took to restore.

I never made any Bootable Rescue CD! I made the 6 diskettes which I hardly use cause my computer never chrashes :D
    I use TI to have a backup just in case, which I burn to a new DVD 5-6 times a year.
    Then I use TI to remove all traces of testing new S/W and settings that didn't want after all and when a certain program did some strange things. For that purpose I create images of my systemdrive at least once a week and just before testing S/W. Those images I save on my SATA HDD and deletes them after som time
    Therefore it´s most convenient for me to just start TI in windows and when it asks me to reboot, I do so. That's what I have done with both TI-7 and TI-8.

What do you mean by "actions taken step by step"?
    I just start TI (in windows) and follow the actions it asks me to.

--
    Orla

6. PeterJ

PeterJ Registered Member

Same problem here restoring from TI9 Boot Disk _However!!!!!!! Use the TI8.937 restore disk with the TI9 backup files and restore times are back to the normal 12 minutes. Why TI8.937 backups OK then TI9.2247 No Good.
    Very Disappointed.

7. OrlaRau

I started this thread. "Acronis Suport" asked for some more information. Ok, I gave the information, and then what ? ..............SILENCE !!!

I still have the same problem. I have tried with Ver. 2277 and it still takes one hour to restore nearly 4 GB!
    And for GODS sake Mr. Popov, don't you read the messages before you asks for more info? If you do, you can clearly see I am talking about one hour real mantime, not estimated.
    It is easy just to throw standardquestions out of the sleeve, but when it gets serious you have to come up with a constructive answer .... then whato_O

Sorry, but I am getting a bit angry now.

Orla

8. Acronis Support

Hello OrlaRau,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

This problem has already been investigated and fixed. The fix will be implemented in the next build of Acronis True Image 9.0 which will be available at our web site in a few days.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. OrlaRau

Thank you very much Alexey Popov

I'm looking forward to test it, when it's available.

Orla

10. OrlaRau

Once again I had to turn back to TI8.
    I believe the "next build" you were referring to, would be 2289. There has been no improvement at all.

Just tested TI9 build 2289 and it still takes one hour to restore an image !!
    (Image file size 4.3 GB, system partition. TI8.0.937 restores comparable image in about 12 minutes)

Orla

11. Acronis Support

Hello OrlaRau,

Could you please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu (or 'Action' menu under Windows 2000), enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send the result file to us for that please contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/. Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

12. OrlaRau

Hi Irina Shirokova

For some reason I can not create the *.nfo file you asked for.
    While saving, the program "System Information" winds up "not responding".
    I don't know why; the same thing happens on my other laptop. I tried it several times.
    Must be a bug in WinXP SP2. I get automatic updates from Microsoft, so I really don't know what to do about that.

Orla

13. OrlaRau

According to Alexey Popov my problem should have been investigated and fixed. That was before build 2289.
    Build 2289 was no good. Build 3202 still takes one hour to restore an image that TI 8 restores in 12 minutes.
    The last build gives me another problem: I purchased an additonel licence for my laptop. Build 2302 on the laptop now shuts down immediately after opening with an errormessage from WinXP, that it needs to shut down !!

Do you ever make anything that works? Maybe it is about time I get my money back.
    One thing is sure. You don't need to make a version 10. I won't have the nerve to buy it !

Orla

14. Big Al1

Big Al1 Guest

Who's board is that?. Sometimes you get what you pay for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.