TI9 Home won't recognize my SATA drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by colin59, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colin59

colin59 Registered Member

TI9 Home works fine when installed in WinXP, it actually backed everything up, however it reported corruption with 2 out of 2 burns that i did to DVD. These were done to two different DVD burners. I tried booting from the repair disk to do another burn through the linux shell, but it doesn't recognize my SATA drive (even with the acpi=off noapic line after pressing F11. I just bought this software and i'm not too happy with it, please help me to make a valid backup and get what i paid for!

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi colin59,

it might be useful if you tried to narrow down the problem by taking the DVD burning out of the process until you have done some more investigation. I suggest you try making images to your hard drive, not as a means of disaster recovery but just to see if the image validates OK. If you have not already configured it I suggest you enable unconditional verification after image making. It would be interesting if you can make images to your harddisk which validate, but when written to DVD they don't.

As far as problems using Linux ATI it is my perception that there are some driver issues with the Linux ATI distribution. These may or may not be resolved in the short term. However can I suggest that as a work-round you you build a BartPE boot disk. I have had to do this and was very impressed with a) how straight forward it was, and b) that my restorations worked to my SATA2 drive.

F.

3. colin59

colin59 Registered Member

i actually tried backing up a second computer with older hardware. It recognized everything okay, backed up fine then verified. When i tried restoring, it turns out it was corrupted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.