TI9 - Hangs on reboot after image restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bhoefer, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoefer

bhoefer Registered Member

I am running TI9 and it seems that my primary HD is about to fail. So I ran out, bought TI9 and did a full HD image backup. I realize that I could have tried the cloning option, but I wanted to see if this software would work if my main HD was completely corrupted.

So I created an image in the acronis secure zone - it grabbed my main partition and then also this EISA partition (not sure what that is for). I then activited secure zone booting and restarted. Pressed F11, everything went in fine. I had a new HD that was already formatted and I restored the image I created onto the new HD. This was all successful - so far so good.

Then I unplugged my primary HD that is going bad, and put the new HD with the restored image in it's place (SATA). As windows was starting up it got past the black windows screen with the sliding blue bar, but then when it gets to the welcome screen it just shows "WinXp"... and hangs there. I left it for 20 mins and it wasn't really thinking or doing anything.

Any thoughts? Has this method worked for anyone else, or am I going wrong somewhere. I am going to try the cloning option as well, but I would like to be able to boot from the secure zone and put the latest backup onto a new HD.

2. bhoefer

bhoefer Registered Member

Just in case anyone is interested I was able to fix this problem. The resolution was found in some other threads and it worked great. I already backed up my failing HD to the 250G HD I had in my system. I connected the new HD and removed the one that was failing. After restoring the image to the new HD, I turned off my computer and restarted.

I think my problem before is that I just exited the Acronis secore boot manager and then the drive letters got screwed up. Just a thought, but this worked great!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bhoefer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved. Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further questions or experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.