TI9 Can't create rescue CD-RW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Technic, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technic

Technic Registered Member

2. Pablo Pablovski

Pablo Pablovski Registered Member

Try using an unformatted blank CD-R instead.

3. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. :) But why? :'(

4. netlaw1

netlaw1 Registered Member

I installed 9 and unable to create either a bootable CD or CDRW. I have tried on 2 different machines and 2 different cd writers and 2 different DVD writers.... I contacted tech support but have not received any response. It is now 48 hours.

BG :mad:

5. NielN

NielN Guest

Try this, it worked for me.

Open the CD burner drawer before you select your burner drive. Then when the program asks you to insert a blank, do so and leave the drawer open. On my system, when you click on Proceed, the program then closes the drawer, and the process then works. On my system, it won't work if I start the procedure with the blank in the drive and the drawer closed.

It's goofy, but until they admit it's a problem, it's a work around that seems to work, at least on my system.

N

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Because it will work. :)

7. JustMeI

JustMeI Guest

Nope. See above replies. Tried CD-R too.

8. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I created a CD without any problem with TI 9, but when I boot from CD, it can´t find my keyboard and mouse (both are USB port), so why should I use a rescue cd, when it doesn´t find my keyboard and mouse ?

Best Regards,

DonKid.

9. coppertrail

coppertrail Registered Member

I simply put a CD-R in the drive before I even began the install. Was able to create a rescue CD without a hitch . . .

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Works equally well for me using a blank unformatted CD Rewritable disk or CD-R.

Anyone still not able to create a bootable rescue CD who is running Roxio Drag-to-Disk or some other UDF packet writing software should try temporarily disabling it. Also worth disabling Windows XP's own built in CD recording capability (Open "My Computer", right click on your CD/DVD recorder and select "Properties". Select the "Recording" tab and uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" tickbox). As a last resort, boot into Windows "Safe" mode and try creating the rescue CD from there.

Regards

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

12. Acronis Support

Hello DonKid,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2259) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2259) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please also try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please try to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you will not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens;

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the exact models of your keyboard and mouse and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

13. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Alexey,

I can´t press F11 key, because my usb keyboard doen´t work with rescue cd.
    If I change it for a serial keyboard, after rescue cd finishes to load, my usb mouse works fine.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

14. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Your USB Keyboard won't work until the drivers have loaded and they won't load until you press F11 and the CD loads the drivers. A bit Catch 22.

However check to see if your BIOS support USB Legacy mode and if so activate it. That might work as the motherboard will provide the USB support until the CD loads.

Otherwise you need to have a non USB Keyboard handy in case.

This is an issue with your Motherboard not supporting USB legacy devices and not an Acronis issue.

15. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this tip.

I'm almost sure my motherboard has this feature.

I'll check it out when I get home.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

16. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Now, after changed my motherboard´s settings, the rescue cd detected my keyboard and mouse.
    No more problems with True Image 9.
    Everything is running fine.

Thanks Folks.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

17. Gyokuru

Gyokuru Guest

I cant create a bootable Rescue Media. I did exactly what is suggested here...still ends in a Error. I used different Media Types, and the Burner works correctly with other Programs.

I try to Create a Media for about 1,5 Hours! The Result is that i have a couple of CD-Rs which are useless now.

I use the Build 2270.

I am very angry...after the Release 7 i am supposed to buy no New Acronis Product shortly after the Release. Now I have the new Version 9 and it seems to be the same s.... like Version 7 after the Release.

I dont make any File Backups whith TI, reading about the many problems in this Forum is horrible.

Why did Acronis learn nothing from the older Releases and wait until the Software is stable _before_ the Release. Its not a Game...a Backup Software should work reliably!
    The Email Support have to be improved...i remember some inquires which had been answered after a couple of Month...with the reference to use the actual Build.

18. dld

dld Registered Member

Although I am not using the same build as you are (I"m using ATI 8.0.937) I will give it a shot at helping you.

You tried using CD-Rs without success. Was there any indication on your burner that burning was actually in process? On my burner (Optorite), burning is in process when the activity light turns red. If your burner did not burn anything, then your CD-R disks might still be usable.

You can use CD-RW disks if they are blank. This means erasing (and not formatting) the disk using either WinXP's recording software or some other recording software. See Menorcaman's post on how to do this with WinXP.

Try creating a boot CD in safe mode. Having booted your computer in safe mode, start Acronis True Image, choose to create a bootable rescue medium. In the Acronis Rescue Media Builder Wizard, before clicking on Proceed, place a blank CD-R or CD-RW disk in the tray of your burner and leave the tray open.

Click Proceed. The tray will close, the clock dial on Acronis will turn and the activity light on your burner should turn green and then red, indicating the burn process is in progress. Do not touch the burner while this is going on. Being impatient and touching buttons on the burner was my mistake in the past.

Let us know if this works for you.

19. gyokuru

gyokuru Guest

Didnt work...

I make a try in the Safe Mode...I am using different Media...CD-R and CD-RW (Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden and others).

The Cds are not empty...about 22 MB Data on the Disks...

The WinXP Burn Funktion is turned off.

Thanks nevertheless :)

20. dld

dld Registered Member

With version 8.0.937 my rescue disk is 19.3 MB. Different version would account for your 22 MB of data. And yet you say that these disks are not usable. Strange!!!

Why don't you register so that I could send you a Private Message.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  21. gyokuru

gyokuru Registered Member

Now I am registered... :)

Another CD has about 29MB Data...likewise useless as the others. With the Versions 6/7/8 I had never Problems creating a Rescue Media.

22. jjgg

jjgg Registered Member

I have the same problem using release 2270. I tried the "leave the drawer open, put in the CD and leave the drawer open and let "Proceed" close the drawer trick".

It worked.

Come on, Acronis....get it right. This is a really, dumb type of problem!

I'm **really** beginning to regret spending the $$ to upgrade to version 9!

Jim

23. hln

hln Registered Member

No kidding. I don't have the option of trying the 'leave the drawer open' trick because I have a laptop that doesn't use the motorized drives like you see in PCs. The only way it gets closed is if you close it.

I've tried using safe mode and that didn't help either.

Is it possible to get a refund?

24. tonyangelo

tonyangelo Registered Member

I found that my Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD formatting of the disk caused this issue for me. I found that by going into the Instant CD program, select the disk you want to work with, and choose the "Erase Disc" uption. Quick erase worked for me. After this, I just ran the create emergency boot disk program. No leaving open of drives, etc. required.

25. Acronis Support

Hello gyokuru and hln,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please send me a PM with the confirmation of the purchase and I will definitely provide you with the ISO file. To send PM please click on the "Acronis Support" in the head of any of my replies and choose "Send a private message to Acronis Support" item.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.