TI9 can only restore full drives?!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bcalmac, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcalmac

bcalmac Registered Member

Well, my system partition finally got messed up and now I have the opportunity to restore a TrueImage backup for the first time.

I have one drive which consists of a small SYSTEM partition (C:) and a large data partition (D:). I have a TrueImage backup just for the system partition, the other partition is backed-up through a different mechanism.

Now, after firing up TrueImage from the rescue CD it tells me that it needs to wipe off the whole drive in order to restore the C: partition.

Are you kidding? I backed up one partition and the restore "needs" to wipe off the whole drive? Please, please tell me this is not true.

Thanks,

Bogdan Calmac.

2. bcalmac

bcalmac Registered Member

Phew, it is not true. This only happens if you select to restore the whole drive. My bad.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Mmmm.. It sounds as if you are not yet ready to deal with a total failure of your one drive. I suggest you should work up a disaster recovery stratergy and a way of testing it out before disaster strikes.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.