TI9 build 2,777 No One Helps

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ori, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ori

ori Registered Member

Hello all. I am extremely drustrated with this product and company. There is no one to talk to, no telephone support nad no one answers support emails. I have been backing up differntially on an external drive for 4 months. I have the following files on the drive: Mybackup.tib all the way to Mybackup12.tib -- so a total of 12 files created over time. Now the time has come to restore my HDD or the complete C partition. I mean, that is the whole point of having this software, correct? Well, I start TI9 and go to RESTORE, I point to the abovementioned files, and all I get is an error message "this is not a Acronis TI file." How is this possible and what do I do? I never changed the program's version so files have been backedup and attempted to be restored with the exact same version, no changes made. What is the point of having a program that backs up but does not restore? What do I do now? Of course, no one from Acronis got back to me. So can anyone actually make sense of this?
    Thanks

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You need to download the latest build 3677 and try that. BTW I've never heard of B2777 are you sure that's the build you have.

3. ori

ori Registered Member

Re: TI9 build 2,277 No One Helps

Hi, thanks for your reply. My mistake, it is 2,277. I am afraid of upgrading and then someone will say the new version cannot read the old version files. I am stuck and Acronis will not answer me.

4. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

Re: TI9 build 2,277 No One Helps

no problem with the latter version as its backwards compatable, get the lattest build and create the bootable CD.

to get the lattest build you have to register your serial # and then download the build.

5. ori

ori Registered Member

Thanks.OK will try it, where do I see my serial number? Also, let's assume it works and does recognize the files, which file to I choose as the restore file, is it the most recent Mybackup12, or the original, full file Mybackup? Do I go for RESTORE or for MOUNT? Thanks

6. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

i would choose the latter.

the serial # you have to type in to make it functional, should have got at the time of purchase.

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You can choose any of the .TIB files. Acronis TI knows they are all linked. If you want to start over because of a Windows crash you would choose restore. If you just need to replace a file with an older version than you can mount the image and copy the file you need.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you have been doing differential backups as you stated, you want to pick the last one so TI will restore your disk up to the latest version of your backup. TI will restore the full backup and all the changes included in the last differential which is all the changes made since the full backup was done.

If you want, you can restore up to the point in time that any of your differentials were made.

9. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Before you install the new build 3677 you should first uninstall 2277 via add/remove programs.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ori,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that we do provide phone based support. Please note that this is a paid option. If you wish to resolve your problem via phone, please visit Acronis on-line store regarding the purchase of phone priority support.

Please also note that e-mail support is free and usually you should receive a response within 48 hours. Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

As of the issue you have experienced please download the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please uninstall the previous version/build of Acronis True Image prior to the installation of the build 3677 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Please note that if you are to restore data from an archive, containing incremental/differential backups, Acronis True Image Home will suggest that you select one of successive incremental backups by its creation date/time. Thus, you can roll back the disk/partition state to a certain date. To restore data from an incremental backup, you must have all previous incremental backup files and the initial full backup. If any of successive backups is missing, restoration is not possible. To restore data from a differential backup, you must have the initial full backup as well.

Please find more information on how to restore the image archive in Chapter 6. "Restoring the backup data" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.