TI9-2302 Works perfectly-why DLoad 2337?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Connie77, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connie77

Connie77 Registered Member

I backed up my C drive using TI9-2302 about 3 months ago and had a disaster about 1 month later. I restored the C drive using TI with no problem whatsoever. This was after having used TI8 and having nothing but problems - even had to reformat my hard drive but won't bother with the details.

I haven't been on this forum since I got TI9 and didn't even think of an update. I guess I'm paranoid now, but is it really necessary to download version 2337? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! How about an expert opinion. Can I just leave things alone? I'm still using Win ME if that makes a difference. Connie

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

I don't think you'll find too many arguments with that statement. If you ever do have a problem, that's the time to uninstall the old build and download and install the latest.:cool:

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If it works don't fix it. Of course, following a credo to leave things as they are also means that nothing ever gets improved. Which is not inherently any more prudent than taking risks seeking improvement.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

B2302 is known to have various bugs in it that are fixed by 2337. Admittedly, I have some sympathy for the "ain't broke" argument but the upgrade isn't an additional cost and you are in an ideal situation - you know you can try it and if it screws up you can restore your 2302 program and image without a problem. Sort of a no-risk trial.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I'm with the Oz on this one.:)

6. MartinH

MartinH Registered Member

I think you should update everytime there is a new build out!

Acronis doesn't release updates because they think it is funny.
    They fix little bugs and also larger bugs.

It could be that you will have a desaster situation in which you must use a feature of TI that doesn't work in your older build.
    Or it is just unstable. Sometimes it could work - other time it could crash.

Try to install the latest build and see if it works!

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'm going with Martin H. since we are dealing with backup software ;) . Because it has unknown bugs that are fixed in a later version available at no cost seems silly to refuse. It is also 2 builds behind and is a version not considered real stable.

When I have the system dead in the water and can't restore, it is not the time I want to go looking for the update to see if that's the problem. I also reiterate my statement that since the OP has a working version he is in a good position to test the new one with no risk at this time.

8. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Agree Also About Updating Everytime There Is A New Build,Everytime They Release A New Build,They Fix Minor Bugs Or Have More Support For New Devices,You Will Probably Need To Remove The Program 9.0.2302 as true image still has a bug with the installer I Have read that it can not update properly from earlier versions to the current 9.0.2337, Installer Works only from version 9.0.2323

I Would suggest updating though as version 9.0.2302 has several bugs for the true image rescue CD Option which have been fixed with Version 9.0.2337

But If you feel ok with what you have,then stay with version 9.0.2302

9. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Absolutivily!

Although a later build might break something that worked in an earlier build, more likely a lot more bugs have been fixed.

One never knows when a bug, lurking in an older build, will byte one in the back rank, to use polite chess terminology.

Of course, the new build might break something.

Alas, there are no guarantees with software.

10. Connie77

Connie77 Registered Member

OK, I'm convinced. Thanks to everyone who responded. Some good thoughts out there. I'll have to save all the letters in case I get lazy. I'll just read them again to motivate myself. Thanks again, Connie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.