TI9/10 crash with nvraid array

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AmazingRando, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingRando

AmazingRando Registered Member

TI9/10 crash with nvraid array [Bootable client, BartPE]

Hi.

I am testing out the True Image trial software from the Acronis website on a file server PC for our office.
    It has no problem making a partition image in Windows, but I cannot restore the image in the bootable media client. I have tried TI9 Server and TI10 Home, and both version crash and reboot the PC when I try to load the image file in standard mode. In safe mode the array appears properly, however I cannot load the images, as they are stored on a USB external disk - and I cannot read it in safe mode. :ouch:

So basically TI bootable client gives me the option to read OR write an image, but not both. :mad:

The system is an Asus motherboard with nForce 430 chipset and nvraid 4x SATA disks.

I also checked it out with the Disk director trial software, and it does not crash, but it always tries to show the array as 4 separate disks instead of 1 disk as it should appear. :blink:

So what is the solution? Make USB disk workable in safe mode, or fix crashes?

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Look at BartPE Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD which is windows based not Linux. This is a very common problem with TI and one of its shortcomings. BartPE allows you to add drivers which you cannot do with the Linux rescue cd. Safe mode does not support USB.

3. AmazingRando

AmazingRando Registered Member

I have tried this now, it does not help at all. I have made a BartPE disc with plugin for TI10, and the program runs, displays archive images but will not restore. I have loaded BartPE drivers properly, all disks are useable under BartPE but True Image is useless. I have tried restoring to array and also to a single SATA disk, the BartPE version sits showing 0% progress indefinitely - I have left it over an hour and it still shows no progress. I can see with Task Manager that two executables TrueImageNotify.exe and TrueImageService.exe are started when I begin restore and then are closed immediately, leaving just TrueImage.exe running and 0% progress forever.

This software is terrible as it will not restore anything backed up in its own client!

Can I at least install Windows from scratch again, install True Image and restore the archive images properly that way? :p

This issue is very frustrating because it works just fine in Windows and not at all in a restore situation.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It seems to me that having the Windows operating system on the same Raid Array as the data is making things difficult.

If Windows and applications are on one simple drive, that can easily be imaged with TI. Restores should work from either the TI Recovery CD or the BartPE boot disk since only a single drive and not a Raid Array is being restored.

The data can be on a RAID array and all backups and restores can be done within Windows since the boot partition is not involved.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AmazingRando,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know when exactly the program crashes and reboots the computer? Please describe the actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Should this workaround not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. In addition, provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller and hard drives you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.