TI8 to move image to new hardware/system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by macman145, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macman145

macman145 Registered Member

I have been using full version TI8b774 to atempt moving W2K raid5 on hp netserver to new compaq dl380 server w/raid5.
    Each time I get BSOD boot device inaccessible after using the recovery disk and restoring from .tib via the network.
    I have seen some treads from users having success and others that have not?
    Is it possible to move this from one hardware platform to the other mylex controller to compaq 5i controller.
    I have restored using TI8 on the same machine and had sucess the image being used is master image.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. mdriest

mdriest Guest

It sounds like the Image isn't booted after because of the Windows 2000 checks that are in place. Windows 2000 is very much like XP in that it will only boot on the same IDE/SCSI hard drive controller.

3. macman145

macman145 Registered Member

Just after the W2K boot screen loads and starts the os it will blue screen.
    I know 2000 doesn't support the controler card 5i but I tried the repair and loading drivers at F6 but still the same problem.
    Boot ini file appears to point to correct drive info as far as I can tell.

4. spg

spg Registered Member

Youve got a boot driver problem. This happens when windows loads its "installed drivers" and doesnt find that with your boot system on it. There are a couple of ways of fixing this.

1. Plug the array controller into your HP and install the drivers for it and then image to your Compaq. This isnt possible if youre using the onboard 5i.

2. Attempt to install the drivers for the 5i as unknown/undetected hardware on your HP, image and the restore onto the Compaq.

3. Install a SCSI card (or any PCI IDE controller) into your HP, install the drivers for it and then image your HP to a that drive. Move the drive and controller with the image to the Compaq. Boot from that drive and when prompted, install the drivers for the raid controller. Once installed, image the IDE/SCSI drive to the RAID system.

4. Hack the drivers into the Compaq restored image but loading the system32\config\system file into another machine (or another copy of Windows on your Compaq) - this isnt easy to by means of the imagination but it can been done. Previously, Ive installed an empty copy of XP onto another partition and installed all the drivers into that (for recovery purposes). You can boot into this XP, use regedit to load the dead system hive, edit it to include a copy of your system\cpqcciss and enum\cpqcciss keys and then to copy the drivers to your dead system32\drivers folder. Again, this isnt easy.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.