TI8: "PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sapperdeflabber, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapperdeflabber

sapperdeflabber Registered Member

:oops:

That's what I get when I boot a TI 8 recovery CD/boot CD in order to restore an image of C:\ that resides on my HDD:

1. Acronis is loading ...
    2. The above message
    3. After a few secs, the normal welcome screen is being shown, which I had to Tab through (cordless mouse not working)
    4. I pick "restore image"
    5. TI8 tells me it can not find any HDD :doubt:

Additional info:
    A. I was able to create an image (which is the one I wanted to restore)
    B. I did chkdsk (recovery console)
    C. I uninstalled an reinstalled TI8, I even created a new boot CD (wasted a CD on that one, thus :'( ).
    D. Sysinfo: XP PRO SP2 ENG, Pentium IV-3,2 HT, 1 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 200 GB HDD.
    E. I even disabled plu and play OS in Bios (part of the error was also a problem in Linux some time ago, I found on the net).
    F. The install CD of XP PRO boots fine, so the problem is TI related an does not seem to have anything to do with my CD/DVD-drive.

And it all worked like a charm in the old days :oops:

(Mmhh. Got to get myself together here ;) ).

Anyway, does anybody perhaps have a solution and would be willing to share it with me?

Thanks a lot ;) ,

Take care all :) ,

Simon

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Simon --

Please write to Acronis Support directly (support@acronis.com) providing some extra information that can be obtained this way :

Please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive.
    Then issue the following commands:
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    lspci > mntdir/lspci.txt
    umount mntdir
    Attach the lspci.txt file to your e-mail from the diskette.

Thank you.

3. sapperdeflabber

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply. But :'(

My system doesn't have an A:\drive; only CD/DVD/ and NTFS fixed drives. Can you give me some more guidance on how to get the log in this situation?

Thanks ;) ,

Simon

4. Acronis Support

Hello --

Then simply issue "lspci" command after you get the prompt and then either take a shot of your screen with a digital camera, or simply copy it from the screen and send it to me.

Thank you.

5. sapperdeflabber

Hi Anton,

The story continues :'(

Pressing F11 does NOT lead to the desired effect. I've tried it at least a dozen times. The only thing that happens is the screen showing this:

[[23~PCI]]

And this is repeated for every time I press F11.

I have again given the system 30 minutes, but nothing else happens.

When I press Ctr-Alt-del I get the typical Linux message "The system is going down for shutdown now", so Linux is loading although it does not present me with a proper screen (like described above).

I case you wonder; this is not a home made computer system, but a brand new HP Pavilion t590 ;)

What should I do now?

Best regards,

Simon

6. Acronis Support

Hello Simon --

You press the F11 button too late. You need to press it when it says "Starting Acronis loader"...

Thank you.

7. sapperdeflabber

Hi Anton,

No, sorry, I am not (been using computers since 1988:)). Tried it in several combinations from the moment I turn my PC on. It just does not work.

Regards,

Simon

8. jbuch

jbuch Registered Member

Yes, the F11 key pressed during the "loading ...." phase of boot has failed to bring up any Linux configuration/data screen for me.

The boot simply goes on with the standard error messages as if the F11 key had not been pressed.

In my case, sometiems the resulting boot appears perfectly normal.

So, the F!! key thing seems to be associated with some sort of bug.

Jim

9. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Does your machine have a USB keyboard?
    If so, is the "Legacy USB" option (or similar) enabled in your BIOS?

10. sapperdeflabber

Hi :D

Thanks for joining. No, it doesn't.

11. sapperdeflabber

Hi Anton,

It's been a few days. Have you made any progress yet in developing a solution to solve this problem? Do you have a status update?

Thanks,

Simon

12. Acronis Support

Hello Simon --

Well, it's very strange that F11 function doesn't work...

Thing is I do need that information...

I'll send you the special .iso file. Please burn it, boot from it and follow my initial instructions (there will be no need to press F11 in that case - the CD has the required options burnt in).

Thank you.

13. sapperdeflabber

Hi;-),

Thanks. I downloaded the file, burned it, booted with it. And then I am lost. Because; there are about 3 screenlenghts of boot information messages scrolling by (Linux), and then nothing. Please help me out; I am by no means a Linux expert (that's why I use Windows XP PRO ;-)), and actually it is a bit "difficult" that you provide a product for Windows XP, but provide support using Linux tools :doubt:

So, can you give me a step by step instruction how I can capture the information you want, with your Linux bootdisk under a XP PRO environment? I don't have a floppy disk drive (these modern PC's...), I don't have a digital camera (but that's no use either because the Linux booting is scrolling and does not respond to the pause/break key). So, how can I have Linux dump the information on an NTFS-drive, keeping in mind the drive has normal ACL's and other normal Windows XP security settings? What are the steps I need to follow?

Thanks;-),

Simon

14. sapperdeflabber

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any progress yet?

Simon

15. sapperdeflabber

Thanks for keeping me up to date. Great service. Time for another software package where they DO care about their customers instead of just wanting to collect a quick buck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.