TI8 & Mount Rainer Format

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wildcard, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildcard

wildcard Guest

I came across this quite by accident. First time TI user here (I got fed-up after I had updated for the umpteenth time to PQ Drive Image 7) btw.

Anyway, I have a Lite-On SOHW-812S DVD+-RW drive and using Nero (with inCD 4.x etc). From the TI faq, it tells you to format the DVD-RW disc with a UDF packet writing software (which I did). However, inCD 4.x will - by default - format a disk with Mount Rainer format IF the drive supports it!!

The problem is that TI8 will happily backup to the Mount Rainer formatted disk WITHOUT indicating that this is a problem.

After spending hours backing up a 60GB drive, I decided to explore/browse the image and TI8 generated an [improperly formated btw] error about a corrupted disk.

I couldn't figure out what the problem was, until I checked the disk and thought to myself that I should disable the Mt. Rainer format. To do that, I had to first [using inCD] erase the disk, then re-format it.

TI8 did the backup just fine to the DVD+RW disks I used.

Then I decided to browse the image and got the message that TI8 could not create a drive letter with which to explore the backup image. So, off to the FAQ I went; only to discover that this is a known problem.

Just an FYI.

Also, is this ability to explore/browse images with spanned volumes going to be fixed in a future update?
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
    Yes, this will be implemented in future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.