TI8 hangs PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TheOne, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOne

TheOne Registered Member

I've just bought TI8.

After many unsuccessful attempts to create a boot image I came to this forum and found that I could only do this if I booted into Safe Mode.

Not very good I thought, but I could live with it.

Now I find that I cannot even create an image of my disks. No matter what I do, my PC jst hangs after 30 seconds or so into the process. I have to reboot every time.

Please tell me I have not wasted my money on this product. So far, I've had nothing but 4 day of pure frustration and zero usefulness.

I am using build 859.
    Thanks,
    Paul

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Paul,

Where and what are you trying to image to?

Could be one of your programs is preventing TI from locking your partition(s) and hence is unable to take a snapshot of the source drive. Have you tried booting from the bootable rescue CD and creating an image from there?

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TheOne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 859 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If the problem remains please, create Acronis bootable CD (with the latest build) and try to create image booting from it. If it doesn't help please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. TheOne

TheOne Registered Member

Thanks for the response - I am trying to image to another hard drive.

I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

Thanks.

5. TheOne

TheOne Registered Member

As I mentioned in my post, I am already using 859, so not sure why I would want to download it again.

I'll try your suggestions and see what happens. If I have to boot from the rescue disk every time I want to creat an image I find that unacceptable - the point of this stuff is to have good backups, and having to boot from rescue is a big deterrent - isn't the point to make it easier and to encourage frequent backups?

6. lanker

lanker Registered Member

yeah, I damn sure don't want to go through that Bull. I never could get my 7.0 TI to work correctly. Support just today said they no longer support my/their product so why do I want to further pay for the next one?? PC World states that its a good product and that may be, when you can get it to work! They could at least give you a BETTER discount to upgrade then 10.00 smelly dollars. I guess the search continues for good backup software, that works when You install it.

7. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

Agreed. There's just nothing available that's trustworthy. I just purchased TI8 by downloading from newegg; luckily, I "only" had to spend $32.50. I can't get TI8 to access/read my external HD with a partition specifically for backup images!! I have another thread going regarding this, & the only advice I get is "make backup copies to DVD." Weird that's the advice I get since backing-up to external HD is supposed to be the correct way to store such images. Anyways, I am in the process of warning-off multiple other users on various boards to make sure they don't waste their money on this product; I'm not blaming Acronis alone; I'm sure they actually do try, but there just doesn't seem to be a 100% reliable backup utility right now. I'd hate to see someone rely on this product, only to have not work in a time of need.

8. lanker

lanker Registered Member

feverfive/ know where your comeing from, if you don't/can't get issue resolved request refund back to credit/debit card. What good is software that won't work. Very Unprofessional to suggest this work around! Perhaps PC world needs to be ADVISED of these issues?? After all, if a company does not support their software then whatthef--k. Lets not count the company out just yet though one must give ample time to resolve issues, if there after there remains problems then action warranted. Oh did you contact support again??

9. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

lanker--no, I don't plan on contacting anyone about this other than warning others on different forums to stay away. dealing w/ support only serves to aggravate me & make my blood pressure boil. I've learned to basically just take it in the a-- on certain expenditures; this is one of them. It's not worth my time & aggravation to complain; I know, a wimpy way out, but I've fought that fight so many times before. I need a break!! :D As I said, though, I will most definitely take the time to post on every single board I currently subscribe to and voice my opinion. I hope you do the same if your experience is the same as mine.

10. bobbyjak

bobbyjak Registered Member

Works for me going to a USB external hard drive..I always use the rescue media to do my backups..That's just the way I wish to do it..

11. Acronis Support

Hello TheOne,

Please accept my apologies for my inattention.

Could you please create Acronis Report and System Information File (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova)? We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

12. Acronis Support

Hello lanker,

Please send the letter with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com indicating that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

13. lanker

lanker Registered Member

8:26 am est
    Hay Feverfive check the build of True Image and revert to build 826 as the newer builds are haveing "Issues" and pass this along. And no don't take it in the a-- . I have found that several times with products that if support can't won't resolve issues that its far far to easy to post "Bad" posts with respect to that product. Proper etiquette demands that one provides service/product providers several chances to resolve issues. If things are not corrected Then by all means LandBlast the P-ss out of them. Sunny Florida

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  14. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Feverfive, when you said, "...but I've fought that fight so many times before", that should tell you something. Think about it. And instead of using the "time to post on every single board I currently subscribe to and voice my opinion", wouldn't it be better to use the time to try to solve your problem?

For everyone that posts a problem in the forum, there must be over 10,000 or more users who use the program successfully. Think about that.

Now take a walk around the block and then come back and try to solve your problem. Okay, bud ;) .... happy father's day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.