TI8 hangs on boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by spoolzer, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoolzer

spoolzer Registered Member

Hi, ive been getting this very annoying problem.. recently tried to reinstate an image from my external USB driver to my IDE drive(using the bootable cd), after taking abt 5 hours, it told me that there was an error with reading from the image file... i did notice that my externall HDD light was hardly ever reading.

i then used acronis to check the image and it confirmed that the image was fine. but i still had the HDD read problem... then i tried connecting my external to my laptop and reinstating my laptop image and that worked fine (HDD light was always reading).

after that was done, i decided to try again on my desktop, after running windows xp cd and formatting my entire Primary Master drive. Now my True Image cd wont boot! i go to the black Acronis screne with the blinking cursor, and after abt 10 seconds, the curser stops blinking and my system hangs! so then i tried runing True Image in windows and it made me restart so that i can format my main HDD, all the while my bootable cd was out. and when my system restarted, i got the same problem, it froze at the exact same spot! n e ideas what im doing wrong?? :'(

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spoolzer,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Can you please boot from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com . The strange thing here is that the bootable CD of Acronis True Image booted on this machine initially but fails to boot now, after reformatting the drive thus we would also be grateful if you told us whether there have been changes made to the configuration of the desktop machine so that we could identify the cause of the problem. The additional information we may need is the build number of Acronis True Image 8.0 you're using and the model of the external hard drive you have. This information would be very useful.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Sergeev Sergey.

3. spoolzer

well one thing that i did attempt between the 2 attemps was i tried to install MandrakeLinux. However i believe the copy i had is corrupt because on load up it when i chose my cd-rom, it said that it was removing IRQ 11.... then when it wasnt responding it reverted back to normarl and told me that i could restart my pc. so i dnt think that could have influenced True Image... im not home right now, but i will get u those lines and my version by 3 or 4 pm, my external HDD is a Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM in a enclosure that supports USB 2.0

I hope that gave you a little more info, and like i said, ill get u the rest of the info a little later. thank you for your help!!

4. spoolzer

ok so i tried pressing F11 on the "loading acronis" and it loaded up! now my only problem is that when i go to restore the partition, it doenst do anything for a while.... no HDD lights light up...(on my external or on my pc) then it says that there is 18 minutes remaing, and meanwhile it takes like 5 hours to complete, and then twards the end of the restore, it tells me that it had an error reading from the image. now i dnt believe its my external drive because i did a restore on my laptop from the same external and it worked fine! so i really have no idea what the problem is...

5. spoolzer

Yeah its all good, i found the problem as to why it was taking so long. i have to keep moving the mouse around as its installing the image. and i got it done in 17 min instead of 6 hours! appearently its because im using a usb mouse instead of a ps2 one? but none-the-less i got the image up and its working! thx guys!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.