TI8 Enterprise questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Slacker, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Registered Member

Using TI enterprise Server for Windows version 8 build 1,158

1) Created jobs in the Management Console via the NEW GROUP TASK wizard. Later deleted that group. But the jobs from that group are still running. When you connect to a computer the jobs DO NOT show on the schedule, but they are still running. Why and how do we stop them?

2) Double jobs: when we schedule a new GROUP TASK, the job gets double posted in the schedule for each computer. It isn't that the job runs twice, it just shows up twice. When you change it, like renaming it, both jobs get changed with one rename. It is just confusing to look at the job being listed twice. How do we fix?

3) The enterprise logging system is VERY cumbersome to use. Lets say I have 500 production servers, all serviced my TI and managed through the management console. In order to see what did and did not back up I have to indivisually connect to 500 computers and look at their logs. I do not think this is an "enterprise" solution. Am I missing something? If not, can you please please please add a central log function?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Slacker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

1) Please do the following in order to delete the unneeded Group Tasks:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application on the PC with Acronis Management Console installed;

- Issue the following command: get list

- Look at the list of the present tasks and find the appropriate one;

- Go to the corresponding task by typing task number, e.g. 3-3 or 1-1 ect.

- Issue the "delete task" command (without quotes).

2) Most likely the PC that has Acronis Management Console running is included in that Group Task and this causes tasks duplicating problem. Please be aware that this is a known problem and it will be fixed in the future builds\versions of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

3) We appreciate your collaboration on this matter. I'll forward your suggestion to the appropriate person and he will take care of it. By the way, if you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.