TI8 2 Days to Restore???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MPSAN, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I had an Image created on my LAN to one of my systems.

I just did a SP2 upgrade to my wifes system and it went very wrong. Tried all I could to fix it but only get BSOD.

OK, booted from TI8 CD and started the restore over the LAN. This is a 160GB drive with only about 18GB on it.

This has been running since last night at 20:00. It now says I have 1 day and 9 hours left!!!

How can this take so long? The LAN is working just fine.

For the future, should I just buy one of those USB drives and have TI8 send images there? Will the Boot CD see the USB drive?

TIA...

About ready to kill this and install a quick XP and copy the image to a 2nd harddrive that is already on the dead system!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Thank you. The image is on a system running SP2 and it has a Linksys LNE100Tx version2 NIC. I believe it has something to do with this system slowing down after SP2 as a normal LAN file transfer is slow also. I will try another system, after the restore completes and verify there is no problem, but I suspect the issue may be with the system the image was backed up to.

The next time I will create an image on the 2nd drive within my now crashed system and not use the LAN.

Thank you again. Just how long should it take to restore a 160GB drive with only 18GB of data?

4. Acronis Support

Hello MPSAN,

I don't know your hardware configuration so it's hard to me to estimate restoration time. However, it shouldn't take longer than 20-25 minutes.

Thank you.

5. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Great. Also, if I buy a USB 2 hard drive, will The boot CD see it if I need to restore?

I am starting to think that backing up via a LAN is NOT a good idea!

6. Acronis Support

Hello MPSAN,

Acronis True Image does support USB hard disk drives and there sholdn't be a problem with its detection when using Acronis True Image standalone version.

We recommend you to purchase the external hard disk drive that is compatible with USB2.0 specification.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.