TI11: suddenly image corrupt... how to repair?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DomeG, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomeG

DomeG Registered Member

Hi@all,

(sorry for my bad english...)

I made a backup a few days before. Then I formatted the HDD and installed WinXP on it.
    The images are on an external HDD.

Yesterday I restored some files from the *.TIB-files. All fine.

But this morning 2 of the 3 *.TIB-files suddenly were corrupt and I can't mount them.
    TI11 says only file no. 3 is an TrueImage-image. But I can't mount file 3 because its a splitted part of 1-3...

What can I do that I can mount the images or restore files? (as much as possible...) Why can't ignore TrueImage the errors? (maybe there are only 1 or 2 corrupt sectors ?!?)

Thanks for help!

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Sadly, ATI cannot ignore errors -- it pretty darn intolerant of errors, in fact it's radically obstinate when it comes to disk read/write errors of any kind. YOu can try booting from the CD and see if that has problems reading the drive or recognizing the backup file -- if not then you can selectivley restore files.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Rather strange that the files are "suddenly corrupt". Did you plug the external into the same USB port? Move the tib files? Are they all in the same folder on the external? Any other strange behaviour of the PC that might indicate a hardware or other issue?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

DomeG,

Please copy the archive to a single folder on your internal hard drive and see if the issue remains. This will help to avoid the possible issues with the USB connection.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. DomeG

DomeG Registered Member

Still the same problem :(

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DomeG,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

In this case you should find the reason of the archive corruption to avoid the same issue in the future. You are unable to use the old archive files.

Have you checked the health of the hard drive by means of any diagnosic tool? Have you scanned the hard drive for a malware? Have you defragmented it? What was the reason of the Windows re-installation?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. jeanm

jeanm Registered Member

Hello,
    I got the same problem a few month ago.
    It seems that it is an USB reliability problem.
    If the problem was at write time, no cure (but as it seems that you already mount the same files without problem, it is not a write problem).
    If the problem is at read time, try to change USB ports, and to copy your files on a local disk and check if the issue remains (try it more than one time, as reading can be poor then good). Also try to feed the USB disk with external power.

Now i am using only ESATA external drives....
    Good Luke
    Jean

8. MikeV99

MikeV99 Registered Member

For what is it worth ...

I have a Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable Drive that gets write errors on large file transfers under XP unless I am using a specific port on the desktop. I get an Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file I:\0d xxx. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Unfortunately external ISB drives seem to be a bit touchy.

Mike

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Did you try turning the USB drive's caching on/off?

I agree they are a bit touchy and in the case of writing images or large files to USB I don't really consider them a rock solid solution. When I backup my files to USB with SyncBack I always have the verification enabled for this reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.