TI11 + Network share UNC = stops responding

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Grahford, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grahford

Grahford Registered Member

Hi,

I just purchased TI for the first time yesterday and I'm having a problem with creating backups.

I have created a backup location using a network share. Instead of mapping a drive letter, I've used the UNC \\servername\sharename.

I've then created a task to regularly make an incremental backup of some data using that backup location as the destination.

It works fine till after its first run. From that point on though, if you try and 'Edit Task', TI will crash with a 'stopped responding' message. The task itself will keep on working, you just can no longer edit it.

It does this every time I use a backup location with a UNC in it. If I map the share to drive letter it will work every time. But I thought that would mean the computer would have to be logged to that user for it to work.

I'm using TI Home 11 build 8053. The machine it is installed on is Vista Home Premium and the machine with the share is XP Pro.

2. Grahford

Grahford Registered Member

I've downloaded the trial version of TI11 and tested it on two other computers on a different network. One running vista business, the other running XP pro. Both are doing the same thing as my home computer, crashing when trying to edit a task that uses a backup location which is pointed at a network share using the \\servername\sharename format.

Am I trying to do something that isn't supported? Can I only use a network share if it has been mapped to a drive letter?

edit: The task itself seems to work fine. You just can't edit it without TI crashing.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Grahford,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that we are aware of the problem, and our Development team is working on fixing it. Most likely, it will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 11 Home. We are sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't decided yet.

As for now, a possible workaround would be deleting the task and recreating it with new parameters.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.