TI11 Home - Extremely slow

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Blutarsky, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blutarsky

Blutarsky Registered Member

- Build 8053
    - Windows XP Professional + SP3
    - latest network drivers on a CNET PRO200WL PCI card.
    - LAN @ 100MBS, server with RAID 5 ultra fast.
    E
    - Copy file from PC to server boasts net usage in task manager @ 50%
    - Launch TI11 Home with high priority and maximum net speed.

Lan usage: 2%

P.S. - The PC was running TI Workstattion 9. Uninstalled and cleaned complitely old Acronis drivers (I hope) then reinstalled TI11 Home.

Please help

2. wmiles

wmiles Registered Member

Re: TI11 Home - Extrimely slow

You are having a similar problem to what i'm having, i recently installed Echo Workstation Build 8076 and my network utilization is doing similar things. I'll let you know if they come back to me with a fix.

3. Blutarsky

After 24hrs the log is still on "Locking drive C:".... is it normal?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Blutarsky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Could you please clarify whether the program is slow with regard to the network only or it demonstrates low performance with all the other operations? This would let us localize the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

5. Blutarsky

I don't know if the program is doing anything..... network usage is stuck below 2.5% but after 35hrs the log still shows "locking drive C:"... I thinks something is wrong.. I don't know if that could depend on old drivers left by TI Wks 9....
    I've cleared the registry and deleted all acronis TI 9 WKS old files

6. Acronis Support

Hello Blutarsky,

Thank you for the answer.

As far as I can understand you are running backup process and it runs 35 hours already but it still writes that it's locking partition c: So if this is the case this means it still can't lock the mentioned partition. There are several possible reasons why this happens. One of them is that there is an interfering process using low-level drivers so as Acronis True Image does. In order to check if there are any of the mentioned applications please create screen shots of the Device Tree utility in the way it is described here and collect Windows System Information file as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then please submit a request for technical support with the attached mentioned files, detailed issue description (it's necessary to know what you are trying to back up and where are you going to save the image) and the link to this thread. This will let us localize the reason of the issue and suggest you appropriate fix.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

7. Blutarsky

I've followed your instructions hope to hear from you ASAP.

Thanks

8. Acronis Support

Hello Blutarsky,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. Blutarsky

There is some support going on (#1502838 ), but the problem is still not solved.

Currently the backup is being performed but very slowly.

I'll post some updates when available.

10. Acronis Support

Hello Blutarsky,

Thank you for you answer.

Could you please clarify if you tried to disable Nod32 and create backup when it did not run as Anton suggested? Did this affect application performance?

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

11. Blutarsky

I'm posting here a copy of mymessage sent to technical support:

I have performed the following:

- 1) Uninstalled NOD32
    - 2) Disabled ZoneAlarm firewall (there are no Tiny Software utils installed)
    - 3) Uninstalled True Image
    - 3) Removed all snapman instances following the snapman removal procedure
    - 4) Re-applied Windows XP Service Pack 3
    - 5) Installed True Image 11
    - 6) Installed latest Snapapi drivers

Then I have:

- Performed a large file copy over the network (same share used for TI backup) using Windows Explorer: network usage in task manager, 60% (very good)

- Performed a full backup or a folder backup with True image: network usage in task manager, 2,5% (very slow)

So the TI backup now starts but is very, very slow.

I'm attaching again devicetree ,Acronis report utility and MSSYSinfo data.

Awaiting from you.

12. KarlS

KarlS Registered Member

I am having the exact same slow-to-a-crawl response times from ANY TI 11 Home operation with my local drives. No network drive problems involved.

I also am running a re-installed TI 11 Home vers 8053 with a new/fresh install of XP Pro SP3 after a fatal crash and subsequent replacement of my primary OS drive.

I cannot get past "Analyzing Partition ---" on TI 11 Home start-up to even try to restore any of my non-OS files and/or data onto my primary hard drive.

I have uninstalled TI 11 Home 8053 with the acronis_cleanup.exe utility and then re-installed the 8053 version after first installing the CD ROM version. In normal Windows XP Pro startup mode and SAFE mode.

Very frustrating. Plus, not only can't I restore my files/data to my primary drive, I'm not able to resume backups of my other critical data drives.

13. Acronis Support

Hello Blutarsky,

Could you please clarify if you used a different e-mail address to send your message? There is no record of it in our database from the address you used previously. If yes, please send us a Private Message the new e-mail address you used. If no, could you please resend the e-mail with attachements?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

14. Acronis Support

Hello KarlS,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please have a look at this thread and see if it solves the problem?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.