TI11 Fails to Create Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andya, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andya

andya Registered Member

Running latest build of TI11. I have several tasks scheduled for the middle of the night. Running XP SP2.

The tasks fail to complete successfully (red warning messages when TI is started). However the TI11 user interface doesn't give any details. The last entry in the log is that the operation started.

I then installed the latest TI drivers without logging and rebooted. Same problem.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the latest TI drivers with logging enabled and rebooted. Same problem (as expected), however there are no log files in C:\. (snapapi[date-time].log, etc.).

This fails consistently. However whenever I manually start one of the tasks it always succeeds.

What should I try next? Getting very fed up with this.

Andy

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

It's probably some sort of program incomptability. The only time I ever had scheduling problems (true image not running schedule tasks), I was able to trace the problem to zonealarm firewall (older version). It's trial and error to try and pinpoint the program that is causing you problems, but I would start looking at the antispyware/antivirus/firewall type programs first.

3. andya

andya Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. The tasks are starting, so I don't think it is a scheduling issue. Also when I run a task manually the same firewall/antivirus sofware is running and the task succeeds.

Andy

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There are some ATI services that run in background to execute scehduled tasks and it's probably those that are being intereferred with, whcih explains why you can run the tasks manually but not on schedule.

5. andya

andya Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Any pointers on what steps I can take next to get this working reliably?

Andy

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I would first try disabling seciruty software (setting it to not start at reboot) then reoobt and see if ATI works okay. If that does the trick, then you need to change the settings inthe the security software so that it allows the Acronis modules and services to run unencumbered -- how this is done depends on the brand of security software you're using.

If that doesn't do it, then I'd probably try using msconfig.exe to remove from startup all services and programs except windows ones and Acronis stuff. If the prog works then, then it's a matter of adding back stuff, using msconfig, until the problems shows up again. Most likely susopect is security software but it could be somehting else.

If that sounds like too much work because of all the rebooting involved, then going to Tech with the sys info is the route most liekly to leead to a solution.

7. andya

andya Registered Member

Thanks. I guess I will give it a try. Bit of a pain because this is the server and needs to be up all the time (owner should have chosen Linux instead and avoided all this hassle).

Andy

8. andya

andya Registered Member

I just checked the machine and since manually running a backup on Sunday two scheduled backups completed fine on Monday and Tuesday. This is with the same software running as always.

So I think this is a TI11 bug. :( Time to look for something reliable I suppose...

Andy

9. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.