TI10: Restore failures

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DougGGaff, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougGGaff

DougGGaff Registered Member

*sigh*

I don't think this software is ready for prime-time yet. I would recommend people wait until Acronis puts out a service pack before spending the money on this. I've had the following negative experiences with TI10 so far:

1) Backup read failures even after a chkdsk is run with surface scan.
    2) Password issues where a password was requested on a restore eventhough none was entered. (reboot fixed this)
    3) Restore problems - I get restore errors on certain files in backup image and must manually ignore them to proceed with the restore.

Regarding #3: I can't find a setting in the restore options to automatically ignore restore errors. What this translates to is sitting in front of the computer for _hours_ hitting "I" to ignore the seemingly random errors that come up during a restore. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Regarding your #2 problem, there is a post answered by Acronis on that problem somewhere around here.

It might solve the other problems possibly.

Could you mention what system you have and whether you are using an external harddrive for backup and the type, ie. USB, Firewire, Hub etc?

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DougGGaff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify the error message you received when you try to perform the backup? Did you try to create disk/partition backup or file-based backup?

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI.dll

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the downloaded one

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file.

The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please describe this issue in more details? Where did you store the backup archive (local or external hard drive, CD/DVD disc or another storage media)? Did you create full backup do incremental/differential backup?

Could you please clarify the exact error message you received when you try to restore the backup? Please create a screen shot, if possible. Did you try to restore disk/partition from the backup or only certain files/folders? Please collect the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message the way I described above.

Please also note that the current version of Acronis True Image does not allow you to ignore all errors.

After you collect all the information please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.