TI10 Recovery Disk not working in Vista.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DrStrange, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrStrange

DrStrange Registered Member

I have Vista Ultimate and XP dual booting in a RAID array. I installed TI10 in Vista and it can create an image and I can verifiy that it is it valid.
    I then create a recovery boot CD, it boots from the CD and I choose full mode recovery. The Acronis logo appears on screen and I hear the disk being read. But after 2 mins or so the monitor screen goes black and the CD stops spinning. Nothing happens.
    If I choose safe mode, the program works ok and It sees the RAID array but I can't use the program because I have no mouse pointer.
    Help!

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When the boot up screen appears with the choices for safe or full, press F11, then tab to the entery lien with "Quiet" writtten on it. add "usbmoue=off" without the quotes to the line, then tab to the OK and press enter, then tab to safe or full and press enter.

That will work for many usb mice.

3. DrStrange

DrStrange Registered Member

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this did not work. I got desperate and typed in:
    usbmouse=off
    usbmoue=on
    usbmouse=on
    Then I read up a little bit about the Recovery Environment being based on Linux not DOS and realised your suggestion was a Linux command.
    DOS led me to the bios where I turned on the USB mouse support option. This worked! I now have a mouse pointer.
    Thank you.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DrStrange,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Would like to note that the safe variant of the standalone version of Acronis True Image is based on the DOS environment and works via BIOS. While the full variant is Linux based. Therefore, the Linux parameters such as "usbmouse=off" or "acpi=off noapic" will not affect the functionality of the safe variant of the standalone version.

In order to solve the issue with the full version, first of all, please make sure that the Bootable CD is created using the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue still persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. In addition, provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller and hard drives you use.

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.