TI10 Recovery and CD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nreiter, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nreiter

nreiter Registered Member

I have TI10 Home build 4871 and I'm trying to clone a 160GB IDE drive to a new 500GB SATA drive on a VIA VT8237 controller. When I use the F11 console or boot from the CD, I can set up the cloning using a manual partition assignment, but when I get done and tell it to Proceed, the progress window opens, the estimated time to completion shows 10 days, but the progress bars never move. I gave it about 30 minutes before cancelling, whereupon it said it completed successfully, which, of course it didn't. The target drive was unwritten (other than to delete the previous partitions I had temporarily created).

When I start the cloning from within Windows (XP SP2) the cloning seems to work ok upon reboot. It's just the F11 console and CD that don't work.

Am I missing something here?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nreiter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that we need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also please provide the exact vendor and model of the hard drive controller you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

I would also recommend that you have a look at this article about transferring operating system from IDE to SATA hard drives

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. nreiter

nreiter Registered Member

In the nearly 3 weeks it took to get a reply, I solved the problem. I had a removable SATA drive installed in a Ventec tray that wasn't powered up. When I powered the drive, the backups ran normally. This also solved another problem I reported to you via email several weeks ago. If you ever get to that one, you can ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.