TI10 Home: problem restoring a Vista partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LeChuck, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered Member

When Installing Windows Vista, if I choose to delete the old partition and to create a new one, image can be saved with True Image Home 10, but when restoring it (with the boot cd created with TI), the restored Vista partition won't boot. I do not remember the exact error message, but I think a file is detected as corrupted.

This problem is systematical, and happens with all computers.

When Installing Vista on a NTFS partition created with XP, if I only format partition (without deleting it), no problem.

2. creeping.death

creeping.death Registered Member

I experienced the same problem using Microsoft Vista Ultimate x64 and Acronis TrueImage 10 home build 4871 (German).

The error message after restore and reboot tells something about

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LeChuck and creeping.death,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in order to check how the product works. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Recreate the Acronis True Image Bootable CD after update.

If the issue still persists, please describe the actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. creeping.death

creeping.death Registered Member

The problem is, there's no German build 4940 and with the german key I can't download the english version. :'(

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. KevTech

KevTech Registered Member

The problem is the Vista boot manager is totally changed from XP and checks the disks MBR signature. After you repair this winload error and boot into Windows you will need to fix something else if you have system restore on. Go into system protection as your disk will be listed twice. One will be checked (protected) but be listed as missing and the other will say system but will be unchecked (not protected).

This may help to explain what is going on and the winload.exe error happens with all backup solutions right now (that I know of) except the Vista Ultimate built in one.

Vista's MBR Signature

Cloning Vista

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.