TI10 and vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kielty, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have been running TI 10 build 4942 for some time on vista 32bit and have never had a problem.

One thing recently that i thought i would ask you guys about - I restored my entire hard drive from an image i made and everything went as planned. When TI finished the restore process i rebooted the pc and the pc came up with a screen prior to booting into vista saying something along the lines of the system didn't shut down properly and asking whether i would like to start windows normally, boot into safe mode etc. and then counting down from 30 seconds. Leaving it alone the pc booted as normal into windows as this was the default option. All appears ok...

A reboot of my machine did not incur this message a second time and all is as it should be.

Is this normal for TI 10 running on vista? Should i be worried about damaging my system?

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I run TI10 on Vista and I've haven't had that issue normally though it has to do with an improper system shutdown. If the screen is gone after the reboot, them most probably there isn't anything to worry about.

dja2k

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Kielty:

That response is normal if you created the image while Windows was running and then later restore it. Vista will think, upon first boot, that Windows was improperly shut down. After a successful boot you can shut down and restart and not get the error message any more.

It's a pretty innocuous error except your Vista Reliability Index will get dinged for an improper shutdown. Other than that, no harm done.

A way to avoid the error is to shut down Vista before imaging and create the image from the rescue CD.

4. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I can live with that, messing about with a cd is a pain...

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.