TI10 and TI11 error E00070004

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dennisthemenace9, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennisthemenace9

dennisthemenace9 Registered Member

I've been reading this forum to get an answer on the dreaded error "E000700004: Failed to write to the data to the archive file" but did not get any resolve.

I get this error on T10 and T11 when I do a backup to my USB 2.0 external hard drive 120GB which is empty and formatted NTFS. I thought perhaps the drive or external enclosure was the problem so I tried it on 2 other drives and different external USB 2.0 enclosures. They all stop with that error at different points. I was thinking perhaps the USB was the fault so tried other USB ports. Same problem. Maybe on some PC's USB doesn't send the data correctly? USB ports can be under powered. I'm NOT using a laptop though.

I was able to send the image to my C drive and then just copy it through Windows to my external USB 2.0 drive. Why would that work if the USB ports might be the problem?

My external USB 2.0 enclosure gets it power from the computer ONLY.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Were the other enclosures you tried also powered by the computer only?

3. dennisthemenace9

dennisthemenace9 Registered Member

Yes, all 3 external USB 2.0 enclosures are powered only by the PC's USB ports that are built into the motherboard. I can copy and paste large TIB files onto the extrernal drive no problem. Why can't I use Acronis 10 or 11 to make them at there?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Please note that Acronis True Image uses stream data transferring method to save data to backups, so if you create a backup on an external drive it is necessary for the product to keep the specified data transfer speed which can be limited by maximum USB bus transfer rate, otherwise backup creation process may be interrupted with error. It seems like your external USB drive can not keep the specified write speed on the same level when it is more than half-full.

In this case we recommend you to use new feature of Acronis True Image 11 Home and manually decrease hard disk drive writing speed, please run Acronis True Image 11 Home, open Tools->Options...->Default backup options->Backup performance->HDD writing speed and decrease writing speed to Minimum.

Then please check if the problem still persists. If not you can try increasing the speed of data transfer step-by-step by one scale division.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.