TI10.4940 & EMail Notification?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ajmaske, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajmaske

ajmaske Registered Member

Just curious if this was actually fixed. Is anyone having any problems with this?

I installed the 4940 update and the email notifications is still NOT working at all.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi Anthony,

I just upgraded to TI10 4940, E-Mail notification works for me. It does NOT seem to work with a GMAIL/HOTMAIL/YAHOO accounts. I did get it to work with COMCAST, here is one thing you can try:

1. <MyID@comcast.net> notice I had to put the </> around my E-Mail to make it work, I used default port of 25.

What is your E-MAIL provider, we might be able to fix you up?

Steve

3. ajmaske

I also have comcast. So your email address after you entered looked something like...

<john.doe@comcast.ent>​

or did it look like...

/john.doe@comcast.net/​

The other problem I had with the update was that any new task job that I create with the updated TI, will not run. When I try to run it manually or scheduled the job gets to 0% and just hangs. When I try to cancel the job, nothing happens.

At the moment I'm back to TI 10.0.4890. Hoping to atleast get my back-ups running again.

4. ajmaske

Okay... now I'm really getting confused and really p/o'd... First off Steve, thank you very much for you post, surrounding my email address with the < / > worked. I can now send test email messages! :)

But now, any job I try to run hangs at 0%.

5. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

This sounds like you have more than one problem.
    1. Scheduled tasks don’t run.
    2. E-mail notifications don’t work correctly.

Regarding item #1 delete all scheduled tasks and then re-create them. For the issue with e-mail notifications go to Program Files > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > Acronis > TrueImage and you will see a couple of folders and a few files. One of these is [notify.config]. Delete the file notify.config and re-boot. When the PC reloads this file will be re-created. Note that you will have to have the PC configured to show hidden files. When you enter your notification data enter your e-mail address using the expression <me@something.com> or whatever is appropriate. You will need to enter the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) data. Do not enter a user name or password. Port 25 is a commonly used port.

This should now work correctly. It has worked fine for me in the last couple of builds. I have however seen corruption of the file ‘notify.config’ on a couple of occasions.

I'm also using Comcast and it works well.

Bruce

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  6. Anakim

Anakim Guest

Hy everybody,

i have ti server 9.1 and the same problem. i searched a lot of time for a reason. now i think the program workes definitly not correctly. and i wonder why isnt it fixed at this time. at home i have test the vers. 10. and i have the same problem o_O ... it is no fortutiy !!!

i read the thread here and for my surprise it worked for three times :-(. i have delete the notify.config. reboot the system and i can sent two or three test messages. i was realy happy about it ....

but I couldn't beleve that it's only the two brackets at the beginning and the end of the emailadress, so i tried to sent an email whitout the brackets. it was a good idea...:-(

now i can't sent any mail with ti. So i delete the notify.config once again but it doesn't work.

Now i'm at the beginning .. no email notification..

can everyboy help me ? when i look into the notify.config. its a simple xml file with the data about email etc. realy no secrets. when i put the data into the file it doens't work. ti dont use this information.

Is there any other file on the system that would be changed from ti ?

Anakim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.